#1 BlackPage

BlackPage

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 08:51 AM

Hi there,

Just signed in.

Discovered THD a few monthes ago thanks to a friend.

Been into prog music since 1990 with bands such as Magma, Zappa, King Crimson, Genesis, Gong etc etc.

Since the late 1990 I was about sure that prog music in its purest sense was dead ( with the lack of interesting new bands IMHO ) and started to move on to other forms of music like Jazz Rock and Fusion ( Marcus Miller, Uzeb, Mike Stern.... )

Discovered THD with Act IV and was immediately and totally blown away. Listened to all 5 acts about 30 times each if not more since and it's gone to the topmost of my prefered bands, maybe ranked #1 possibly.

In my research of musicality ( ie melody and harmony ), I find THD has a unique mix of both, wether with instruments or voices and their use of voices I had only found something likewise in Queen which is one of the few Pop/Rock bands I really like. Furthermore, Casey has such an amazing voice that I believe he could be the one to dethrone Freddie Mercury whom I believe to be the greatest voice in Rock history.

As a drummer, I found that THD renditions of the instrument while not with the most technique or virtuosity is extremely interesting and somewhat challenging in its "simplicity" ( compared to other virtuosos such as Terry Bozzio, Vinnie Colaiuta, Dave Weckl, Tony Royster, Jojo Mayer, Christian Vander and other monsters of technique ). Since I am at the most a mediocre drummer, it gives me a lot of challenges to work on THD songs as they "can" be played without having 20 years of practise but yet remain difficult to play as they should be.

Thus, I'm looking for any contributors with drumscores of THD. I've already bought a complete portfolio of ACT IV published by Sheet Happens which contains Guitar Pro complete scores of the entire album, but I'm now looking into Act III which contains amazing scores such as In Cauda Venenum and Mustard Gas so if anyone has anything to provide, I thank you in advance.

Favourite Acts : IV & III but could be reverse in a not too distant future.
Favourite Color : not any yet... I've listened to the Color Spectrum once or twice but I wasn't blown away like I was with Acts... I'll be getting there again in some time I believe.

Never seen THD live, I hope someday they'll get to come in France, and I sincerely hope they get the recognition they deserve !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users