Mixed TransitionsSongs that sound interesting when played back to back.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Severus and Stone

Severus and Stone

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Playing and listening to alternative/indie music, watching awesome television, and playing atmospheric video games.

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:46 PM

When Act IV was being hyped by the release of the singles, I remember that A Night on the Town was released first, and then Waves. When I played them back to back, the transition from one into the other sounded PERFECT to me, and I was surprised when they weren't actually together in the album.

Have you guys ever shuffled the songs in such a way that one sounded awesome when played after another one?

#2 Kaevan

Kaevan

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:19 PM

I like to make little "EP" or "LP" playlists with TDH music. I'll include more latr, but I just listened to one titled, "TDH ACTS ACOUSTIC EP"

1.His Hands Matched His Tongue
2.Black Sandy Beaches
3.Saved
4.The Line
5.Light

The transitions aren't particularly tight, but this tells an interesting side of the story with a similar sound. I find ACT V to have some of the best jumping off points for transitions, so I'll start there in a latr post. Good idea here!

#3 Severus and Stone

Severus and Stone

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Playing and listening to alternative/indie music, watching awesome television, and playing atmospheric video games.

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:11 PM

View PostKaevan, on 10 December 2016 - 02:19 PM, said:

I like to make little "EP" or "LP" playlists with TDH music. I'll include more latr, but I just listened to one titled, "TDH ACTS ACOUSTIC EP"

1.His Hands Matched His Tongue
2.Black Sandy Beaches
3.Saved
4.The Line
5.Light

The transitions aren't particularly tight, but this tells an interesting side of the story with a similar sound. I find ACT V to have some of the best jumping off points for transitions, so I'll start there in a latr post. Good idea here!

That's so awesome! I feel inspired to make playlists like that now.

#4 Severus and Stone

Severus and Stone

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 08:40 AM

I found another one today:

He Said He Had a Story going into Is There Anybody Here?

It happened randomly on a shuffle, and it sounded wicked cool

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users