ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:42 PM

New rule in effect from now until the end of the tour:

There may be NO postings of any spoilers from "Story Time". Any posts with these spoilers will be removed.

This will be lifted once the tour ends.
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#2 Kaevan

Kaevan

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 08:04 AM

Thanks for this. I'm not necessarily afraid of spoilers, but I'll never be one who spreads them on forums when it's disallowed. I feel like its relevant here more-so than other places as well. There's something about the ambiguity of the story of The Dear Hunter that has been sacred for the last decade, and I think it's honestly one of the few unspoiled stories out in the world. I really think it's best the forums respect Casey's wishes, not only to be courteous, but because as internet users we have here the rare opportunity to let some piece of information or art remain behind the veil to us just a moment or too longer. Most other series or franchises have widespread spoilers or speculation about the plot in the common sphere, but this doesn't , and I want to respect it's uniqueness in that way.

#3 Severus and Stone

Severus and Stone

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Playing and listening to alternative/indie music, watching awesome television, and playing atmospheric video games.

Posted 19 September 2016 - 11:33 AM

I suppose this is for the best.

If people could keep it in mind, try to remember what you learn from each session because I'm guessing that he'll answer different questions in each one.

#4 FrankTheHermit

FrankTheHermit

Lost in my head, hand to my heart

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 12:06 AM

Thanks Zep, I appreciate this a lot. Spoilers are no good, that's why I'm staying away from the subreddit for a bit.

#5 TheSqueakyWheel

TheSqueakyWheel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:05 PM

Those of you that have attended already, can you give a timeline for sound check, story time, and then doors open for general admission? I'm going to call the venue latr - but I'm just curious. The show starts at 7 so I want to make sure we leave in time (had to get VIP passes to the Dallas show because the Austin one sold out).

#6 TeleuteDPu

TeleuteDPu

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 01:29 PM

View PostTheSqueakyWheel, on 26 September 2016 - 01:05 PM, said:

Those of you that have attended already, can you give a timeline for sound check, story time, and then doors open for general admission? I'm going to call the venue latr - but I'm just curious. The show starts at 7 so I want to make sure we leave in time (had to get VIP passes to the Dallas show because the Austin one sold out).

Max has said Story-time is supposed to open at 3. The promoter is supposed to e-mail people, seems most aren't.

#7 TheSqueakyWheel

TheSqueakyWheel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 September 2016 - 02:14 PM

View PostTeleuteDPu, on 26 September 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

Max has said Story-time is supposed to open at 3. The promoter is supposed to e-mail people, seems most aren't.

Awesome. I'll confirm with the venue, but this is exactly what I need. Thanks!

#8 TheSecretMagician

TheSecretMagician

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:The Dear Hunter
    Super Smash Brothers (N64 Only)
    Nutella

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:53 PM

Went to the story time. Loved it. But man *building hype*... *without spoiling anything*, Act V's ending is not what I expected.
- Mammoths depart -

#9 DerekAdams32

DerekAdams32

Oh, What A Terrible, Terrible Game He Plays!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts
  • Interests:Politics, Scary Movies, Strategy Games

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:12 PM

There are no spoilers at story time, just sayin'. Unless the spoilers you're worried about are regarding how amazing story time is...
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users