Jump to content


- - - - -

Video Songs Submissions


  • Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 OurSerratedDust

OurSerratedDust

    is lusting for the lives of infantry.

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Worcester, MA
  • Interests:Physics, Mechanical Engineering, writing music, Magic the Gathering, getting crunk

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:18 PM

Quote

Id like to keep on creating these videos, but instead of focusing on writing scores for these, I think what would be INFINITELY more exciting would be to allow anyone to send in music for me to use to cut the video to. I would of course give ample credit for the music both in the YouTube info, the post here on this site, as well as in the title sequence of the video it was featured in. SO if you feel so inclined send any song in MP3 format to thedearhuntercolors@gmail.com. Please include your full name, the name of the song, and any other info you want to include. I cant promise Ill use it, but I can promise I will listen and if it fits with a video I am making I will drop it in.


This isn't meant to suggest that WOW ITS SO AWESOME TO HAVE A SONG IN A TDH VIDEO UPDATE- its really that I love interfacing with anyone, and collaborating on anything no matter how big or small, and when the idea struck, it seemed fun... so if it sounds like something you would like to do- do it!

This is such a great idea. If you're comfortable, please post any songs you submitted to Casey here for others to listen to. I know he probably has about a billion entries by now, but it would be really awesome if at least one LATR member got on a video. Represent!

Here was my contribution to the cause. This was a song I had written a while ago in Guitar Pro, and I thought it might sync up nicely to one of his travel videos.
Fires in Moscow

EDIT: I really wish you could edit thread titles. *Submissions

#2 DcS

DcS

    Introducing of Ms. Terri

  • Regulars
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Pittsburgh, PA
  • Interests:Music, Guitar, Computers, Video Games, Sports

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:01 PM

Pretty nice. I like the sudden stop at the end assuming that's intentional. Reminds me of the end of she's so heavy.

I didn't have anything finished at the moment, so I just sent him an unfinished version of what I'm messing with at the moment. Still needs bass, proper drums as I'm just using generic loops, more instrumentation, rewritten intro/outro, etc etc.. but I figured I'd submit it anyway.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IBDP8BY4

#3 Roger

Roger

    Bieber Believer

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Costa Mesa, CA

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:29 PM

Nice job guys. We should get all the musicians here to form a 30 piece music supergroup.

For this I've been trying to rework a really short piece I wrote a few years ago so I'm still working on it but I'll definitely post it here later.

#4 axelthesot

axelthesot

    The Priest

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Youngstown

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:57 PM

This makes me want to start writing songs again. Been in such a slump lately.
--------------------------------
--------------------------------

#5 Vincent

Vincent

    Fell In Another Hole FORTHEKNIFEFORTHEKNIFE!!!

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Pittsburgh, PA

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:58 PM

Great job, guys! Really like the enthusiasm.

Shame Casey had to post this during finals week...damn school. But I'm still going to give it a try. I've got some free time tomorrow. I think I'm going to arrange a song I wrote a couple years back into a shorter more "scorey" type of thing. And I also wrote a little guitar instrumental last night. I'll post both/either, if they get done, tomorrow.

#6 Patrick

Patrick

    If you think this is over then you're wrong...

  • Regulars
  • Pip
  • 114 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Schaumburg, IL

Posted 14 December 2010 - 04:02 PM

 OurSerratedDust, on 14 December 2010 - 02:18 PM, said:

Quote

Id like to keep on creating these videos, but instead of focusing on writing scores for these, I think what would be INFINITELY more exciting would be to allow anyone to send in music for me to use to cut the video to. I would of course give ample credit for the music both in the YouTube info, the post here on this site, as well as in the title sequence of the video it was featured in. SO if you feel so inclined send any song in MP3 format to thedearhuntercolors@gmail.com. Please include your full name, the name of the song, and any other info you want to include. I cant promise Ill use it, but I can promise I will listen and if it fits with a video I am making I will drop it in.


This isn't meant to suggest that WOW ITS SO AWESOME TO HAVE A SONG IN A TDH VIDEO UPDATE- its really that I love interfacing with anyone, and collaborating on anything no matter how big or small, and when the idea struck, it seemed fun... so if it sounds like something you would like to do- do it!

This is such a great idea. If you're comfortable, please post any songs you submitted to Casey here for others to listen to. I know he probably has about a billion entries by now, but it would be really awesome if at least one LATR member got on a video. Represent!

Here was my contribution to the cause. This was a song I had written a while ago in Guitar Pro, and I thought it might sync up nicely to one of his travel videos.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6U81G23F
Damn really nice man. I could totally see him using this.

 DcS, on 14 December 2010 - 03:01 PM, said:

Pretty nice. I like the sudden stop at the end assuming that's intentional. Reminds me of the end of she's so heavy.

I didn't have anything finished at the moment, so I just sent him an unfinished version of what I'm messing with at the moment. Still needs bass, proper drums as I'm just using generic loops, more instrumentation, rewritten intro/outro, etc etc.. but I figured I'd submit it anyway.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IBDP8BY4
Really like this one too. For some reason I got an almost Pink Floyd vibe from it.

Here's what I sent in. It's the last song from an acoustic EP I did this summer. I really wish I didn't have finals this week cause I have a piece that probably would have been more usable.

#7 Roger

Roger

    Bieber Believer

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Costa Mesa, CA

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:13 PM

Yeah I was going to say the same thing about the Pink Floyd-ness of it. Reminds me of Breathe.

And I'm pretty sure Casey is going to be making these videos for a while so I think there's more time than just this week to send them in.

#8 Ricky Denim

Ricky Denim

    Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

  • Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:34 PM

Hi guys, here is the track I sent in. It's just a demo for an idea I was working on so it's pretty basic and repetitive, but I thought it had potential for a video.
The stuff you guys have put up so far is awesome!!

#9 Dave.

Dave.

    Believe What You're Led To Believe

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:New York

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:01 PM

This is a super exciting idea.
I'd love to contribute. Damn finals. Hopefully I can whip something up shortly
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#10 OurSerratedDust

OurSerratedDust

    is lusting for the lives of infantry.

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Worcester, MA
  • Interests:Physics, Mechanical Engineering, writing music, Magic the Gathering, getting crunk

Posted 14 December 2010 - 06:20 PM

 Ricky Denim, on 14 December 2010 - 05:34 PM, said:

Hi guys, here is the track I sent in. It's just a demo for an idea I was working on so it's pretty basic and repetitive, but I thought it had potential for a video.
The stuff you guys have put up so far is awesome!!

Great stuff everyone. I really dig this song, and I love how the drums sound.

#11 ...As Waves Crash Down

...As Waves Crash Down

    A Common Whore At The Dime

  • Regulars
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:New Hampshire

Posted 14 December 2010 - 07:21 PM

Just thought I'd share mine here as well... Whipped this song up just for the occasion. Maybe a bit dark to use, idk, I think it sounds good haha.
Linky
If you listen, click hi-fi, and please don't browse my other stuff... it's all really old, haven't used soundclick for a long time now.
Also, good work to the rest of you guys! I hope he can use all of this at some point in his videos.
"I feel like I'm being pulled away by the tide. And all that I've done don't mean a thing in the end, as everything crashes down, like a wave, on me. I try to pretend that all life has a meaning, but everything washes away. Eroded by the flow of time until all meaning's dulled away..."

#12 Roger

Roger

    Bieber Believer

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Costa Mesa, CA

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:03 PM

 Ricky Denim, on 14 December 2010 - 05:34 PM, said:

Hi guys, here is the track I sent in. It's just a demo for an idea I was working on so it's pretty basic and repetitive, but I thought it had potential for a video.
The stuff you guys have put up so far is awesome!!
This is great. The quality is pretty flawless too.

#13 ...As Waves Crash Down

...As Waves Crash Down

    A Common Whore At The Dime

  • Regulars
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:New Hampshire

Posted 14 December 2010 - 08:20 PM

 Ricky Denim, on 14 December 2010 - 05:34 PM, said:

Hi guys, here is the track I sent in. It's just a demo for an idea I was working on so it's pretty basic and repetitive, but I thought it had potential for a video.
The stuff you guys have put up so far is awesome!!

Just though I'd mention: pretty odd coincidence that I also used reverbed tremolo picking in mine haha. I recorded mine before I heard yours though, but I did like yours. Was a bit repetive (though you said that) but it was very pleasant to listen to.

Hmm... I say "though" and "but" too much... I should not do that
"I feel like I'm being pulled away by the tide. And all that I've done don't mean a thing in the end, as everything crashes down, like a wave, on me. I try to pretend that all life has a meaning, but everything washes away. Eroded by the flow of time until all meaning's dulled away..."

#14 Dave.

Dave.

    Believe What You're Led To Believe

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:New York

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:07 PM

 ...As Waves Crash Down, on 14 December 2010 - 07:21 PM, said:

Just thought I'd share mine here as well... Whipped this song up just for the occasion. Maybe a bit dark to use, idk, I think it sounds good haha.
Linky
If you listen, click hi-fi, and please don't browse my other stuff... it's all really old, haven't used soundclick for a long time now.
Also, good work to the rest of you guys! I hope he can use all of this at some point in his videos.

This is excellent!
I could see this working really well, although the end is a bit heavy, but really good job.

Currently working on mine
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#15 OurSerratedDust

OurSerratedDust

    is lusting for the lives of infantry.

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Worcester, MA
  • Interests:Physics, Mechanical Engineering, writing music, Magic the Gathering, getting crunk

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:30 PM

I wrote this one today in hopes of submitting it, but it ended up getting way darker/weirder than I wanted. Plus, I kind of feel bad for Casey for having to listen to so many songs, so I decided not to submit it.

So it goes.mp3

As you'll see, it probably wouldn't flow too well with one of his videos, but I do think it is neat. I would like to finish and record it for real in the near future though.

Edit: By the way, sorry if this is annoying! That'll be my last one, I promise.

#16 Ricky Denim

Ricky Denim

    Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

  • Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 09:33 PM

 ...As Waves Crash Down, on 14 December 2010 - 08:20 PM, said:

 Ricky Denim, on 14 December 2010 - 05:34 PM, said:

Hi guys, here is the track I sent in. It's just a demo for an idea I was working on so it's pretty basic and repetitive, but I thought it had potential for a video.
The stuff you guys have put up so far is awesome!!

Just though I'd mention: pretty odd coincidence that I also used reverbed tremolo picking in mine haha. I recorded mine before I heard yours though, but I did like yours. Was a bit repetive (though you said that) but it was very pleasant to listen to.

Hmm... I say "though" and "but" too much... I should not do that
Dude that is killer! Nice work :)

Thanks for everyones comments too, glad you dig it!

Sure are some talented people on here.

#17 Dave.

Dave.

    Believe What You're Led To Believe

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:New York

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:06 PM

Alright, so 3 hours later, here's what I've got :)


So much for studying finals.. well worth it though!
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#18 OurSerratedDust

OurSerratedDust

    is lusting for the lives of infantry.

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Worcester, MA
  • Interests:Physics, Mechanical Engineering, writing music, Magic the Gathering, getting crunk

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:16 PM

 TrueDarkness, on 14 December 2010 - 11:06 PM, said:

Alright, so 3 hours later, here's what I've got :)


So much for studying finals.. well worth it though!

This is awesome. I approve of this message.

#19 Dave.

Dave.

    Believe What You're Led To Believe

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:New York

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:20 PM

Thank you!!

And Ricky Denim, you're song is fantastical, extremely good work. Very high quality
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#20 ...As Waves Crash Down

...As Waves Crash Down

    A Common Whore At The Dime

  • Regulars
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:New Hampshire

Posted 14 December 2010 - 11:33 PM

 TrueDarkness, on 14 December 2010 - 11:06 PM, said:

Alright, so 3 hours later, here's what I've got :)


So much for studying finals.. well worth it though!
You know, this is exactly the kind of thing Casey probably wants. Beautiful, although it sounds as if the guitars intonation may need some adjustment, it's just great in so many ways. Maybe I should have a go at something less dark sounding heh. Don't want to rip off anyone else's styles though... I'll see what I can do. You, sir, have inspired me.
"I feel like I'm being pulled away by the tide. And all that I've done don't mean a thing in the end, as everything crashes down, like a wave, on me. I try to pretend that all life has a meaning, but everything washes away. Eroded by the flow of time until all meaning's dulled away..."




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users