- - - - -

Casey has finished mixing our album!Debut Woods Brothers album is mixed and in the hands of our mastering engineer.

caseycrescenzo thewoodsbrothers debutalbum progressiverock mastering berniegrundman tdh thedearhunter terrafirma newmusic

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Film, working in film production, playing music (Piano specifically), listening to music, The Dear Hunter, The Mars Volta, The Fall of Troy, Muse, Antemasque, At The Drive-In, Thrice, Opus Dai, Oedipus, JJXO, among many other bands. LOVE playing videogames, PS4 owner, watching movies and collecting blu-ray's, eating good food, hanging out with friends.

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:56 PM

Hello again everybody! Just wanted to keep everyone updated on our progress here in case you liked our single w/Casey "Terra Firma" and are curious about more... Casey has finished the mix on the whole record (13 tracks total), and it sounds incredible! He did such a great job blending everything together, and since it's a studio album, and progressive music, there was A LOT going on in these songs. There couldn't have been a better man for the job. So we are stoked on how the mix turned out, and we have officially passed it off to our mastering engineer at the world renowned mastering house "Bernie Grundman Mastering" in Hollywood, CA. Bernie Grundman is one of the most prominent mastering studios in the world and if you geek out on that type of shit and want to read more about them, here is a link to their site: www.berniegrundmanmastering.com

When we start getting our songs back from the mastering house, we were thinking about putting out at least one, if not two new songs over the next 2 months while we finish everything up and get ready for our release in late October hopefully. No date set yet, and we exhausted our funds from the indie go go campaign so the rest is out of pocket which might slow us down just a little, but not too much hopefully. So what do you guys think? Another single soon? I am so eager to share but always don't want to spoil too much... There are only 13 tracks on the record, and 1 is the album intro before "Terra Firma" with a ripping guitar solo from Mr. Crescenzo, and two other tracks are instrumental interludes. So we really only have 10 full songs with vocals. So is having 3 out of 10 songs released before the album comes out too much? Or is even 2 singles too much? Should we just keep Terra Firma up alone and wait for the full release? Every band does it differently, and I know Casey has done 3 off of Act IV, but there are way more songs on that record than ours... I guess I am just asking for honest advice, and thanks in advanced for any feedback, and we can't wait to share this new music with you guys!

#2 Captain

Captain

Maybe we're just never meant to know why

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff poorly but having fun doing it

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:13 PM

I'd say a second single isn't a bad idea, but three may end up being too much. It's obviously up to you guys, but I'm excited for whatever you decide :hug:
I will not be a parasite.

#3 SoundscapeMN

SoundscapeMN

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:01 PM

I'm looking forward to this certainly. If you feel really strongly about another song, you may want to go ahead and put it up ahead of time. But I also see the appeal of waiting and getting to hear all the rest of the album all at once.

Pros and Cons

if you can't decide, maybe flip a coin? lol.

#4 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Screenwriting. Art. Ukulele. Enjoying life one adventure at a time.

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:08 PM

Terra Firma was killer, so I'm seriously excited for this album to drop. And I completely agree with the others, I think two singles should definitely be your limit, but ultimately that's your decision!
Posted Image
_The leaves and the trees remember me_

#5 killerkeys86

killerkeys86

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:Film, working in film production, playing music (Piano specifically), listening to music, The Dear Hunter, The Mars Volta, The Fall of Troy, Muse, Antemasque, At The Drive-In, Thrice, Opus Dai, Oedipus, JJXO, among many other bands. LOVE playing videogames, PS4 owner, watching movies and collecting blu-ray's, eating good food, hanging out with friends.

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:25 PM

Cool, thanks for the feedback guys. I agree as excited as I am that 2 singles should be the limit with the amount of tracks we have. It's just so hard to pick one, it's all very eclectic with different vocalists and different guitar players on every song... I just hope whatever I pick will keep people interested even if it's totally different than Terra Firma. We definitely have more upbeat songs like Terra Firma, but there are also some slower ones, more groovy ones, super heavy odd time ones (Thomas Erak's track), and songs I can't really describe... So I guess I will just go with my gut and hope for the best. Thanks again guys!

Also tagged with caseycrescenzo, thewoodsbrothers, debutalbum, progressiverock, mastering, berniegrundman, tdh, thedearhunter, terrafirma, newmusic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users