1 reply to this topic

#1 MalkinJewel

MalkinJewel

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Magic the Gathering, prog music

Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:45 PM

So I recently discovered this band when they were opening for Coheed. I've always been a fan of all types of prog from classic prog to prog metal but recently have begun exploring bands with cross-album narratives like Coheed and now The Dear Hunter. Not only is every song musically intriguing with ever changing tempos and Anthony Greenesque chords, but I can listen to their entire discography over and over and still learn more about the hunter and Ms. Leading. I also appreciate the setting and thematic flavor of the story (not quite sure how to classify it--maybe southern gothic?). Excited to join this group!

#2 lavachickie

lavachickie

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:music, scuba diving, energy work, metalsmithing/jewelery making

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:04 PM

I went to see TDH in Portland (again -- always a satisfying night) last week. Went for The Dear Hunter, walked away in love with one of their openers, The Family Crest. Isn't it great to go see a band you love, and walk away with another obsession?

What are some of you other faves? I could use some more ear candy. )
--
lavachickie@gmail.com : http://dogsanddragonflies.blogspot.com
Date of birth as TDH Fan: April 2011. # of shows seen: 5. Number of times I've kicked myself for not having walked up to Casey and simply said, "Thank you!" when I saw him standing in the crowd at The Hawthorne Theater in PDX July 2011: 4,343,234,567.7
Posted Image

Also tagged with new member

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users