- - - - -

Long Time Fan, No Idea You Guys/This Forum ExistedI'm so excited to find others that love TDH

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cambonious

cambonious

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 12:21 PM

Hello everyone, new to the forum...Allow me to introduce myself.

The Dear Hunter....Where to begin.
TDH plays a special role in my musical life due to WHEN I started listening to them. They came around right at the end of the emo era of music. The Good Charlottes, Fall Out Boy, Hardcore bands like Underoath, Avenged Sevenfold; also, Yellowcard, Simple Plan, all of those shmoes. Back then, everyone liked those bands, even I liked those bands. But something was always missing. I never sympathized with any of those bands or any of those songs, because hey! I was only like 15 years old. Life was good man! I never liked listening to "WO IS ME" type of music, I liked fun but serious music. Mesmorizing melodies and harmonies that would make me hum for the next 2 days.

Enter Casey! While I was searching all over iTunes in the "Customers also purchased" section, I finally came across TDH. I was searching for something more than the usual emo rock band who only talk about teenage love and daddy issues. (It's crazy how I can still remember this like it was yesterday even though it was like 8 -10 years ago). When I opened up to TDH iTunes page a list of ACTS 1 and 2 songs were on there with "Red Hands" being the only one with a full 5 stars. I listened to it and was blown away! It was so much deeper than any of the emo crap that I was listening too. You could sense the pain and frustration the character in the story was feeling.

I instantly used all of my saved up money to buy acts1 and 2. I listened to them constantly NOT ON SHUFFLE. Wherever I went, whether down the road to grocery store, or on my way to high school track practice, TDH was in my iPod, plugged in, and turned on high. The only problem with them is that I was SO attached to the sounds produced in each song that I didn't really concentrate too much on the lyrics. I'm a sound guy. My girlfriend back then (wife now :) used to always notice that I never memorized any of the lyrics of the songs I was passionate about. I would pretty much make up my own lyrics to the song or I would just hum the sounds that the singer would make. But, I'm different than your average music listener. I notice EVERYTHING! I instantly hear the harmonies or the faded snares or even the trumpets and whatnot. That's why I fell in love with TDH; musical sensory overload!!!

Anyways, I started to try to actually listen to the lyrics and pay attention to what was going on. They are ACTS after all so they are meant to be played 1,2,3,etc. I thought I had a grasp on what was going on but have never been very good at reading comprehension or english class haha. My gift is listening and hearing/pitch/tone, etc never reading haha. Anyways, I never thought to actually GOOGLE what it's all about. needless to say, that search brought me here. July 18,2016, the day I finally found my sanctuary.

BTW - If you're wondering, my wife thinks I'm a total nerd with my fascination with this band. I talk about it differently then I do any other band or song. Whenever this band is mentioned I get very serious and if anything bad is said about this band, I take a personal offense. Not sure why haha. I don't care about what people say about anything of mine except for my wife and this band apparently haha.

Cheers everyone, I look forward to catching up on all the blogs I've missed over the years. PS Still never seen them live.

#2 stretts

stretts

GET YOUR TWO STEP ON!

• Admin
  • 8,547 posts
  • Interests:You, dear.

Posted 07 August 2016 - 10:56 PM

Hey! Welcome! I think I was also taken by the music before thel yrics, though Casey's voice has always been top notch on every release.

I too get strange looks when I tell people I have 8000 posts on a band forum, don't woryr - plenty of obsessed people in this place :)

Fearless leader of Stretts' Bitches and Tits

Last.FM

#3 DerekAdams32

DerekAdams32

Oh, What A Terrible, Terrible Game He Plays!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts
  • Interests:Politics, Scary Movies, Strategy Games

Posted 08 August 2016 - 11:44 AM

I love your "how i found TDH" story. I started listening to them around the same time. I discovered them because they were the top friend of "Atreyu" on Myspace lololol

Glad you finally found us! Better late than never.
Posted Image

#4 robholding

robholding

Heart Throb Holding

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Interests:playing guitar and piano, gaming, films, reading. The usual, really. Oh, and physics. I like physics lots.

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:33 AM

stretts, on 07 August 2016 - 10:56 PM, said:

I too get strange looks when I tell people I have 8000 posts on a band forum

Shut up nerd

#5 stretts

stretts

GET YOUR TWO STEP ON!

• Admin
  • 8,547 posts
  • Interests:You, dear.

Posted 09 August 2016 - 07:07 AM

robholding, on 09 August 2016 - 06:33 AM, said:

Shut up nerd

Come on Rob get on my level ;)

Fearless leader of Stretts' Bitches and Tits

Last.FM

#6 popnfresh

popnfresh

We're Dropping Off Like Guns And Flies

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Interests:Nothing. Stuff.

Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:36 AM

stretts, on 09 August 2016 - 07:07 AM, said:

robholding, on 09 August 2016 - 06:33 AM, said:

Shut up nerd

Come on Rob get on my level ;)

As someone who had over 30,000 posts on the old Coheed fansite, y'all can shut your mouths.

I'm Collin. Sup
Pull yourself out of the gutter
Motherfucker
When you're bleeding
And it feels just like your bleeding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users