#21 RabbitRan

RabbitRan

Eddie Eddie Eddie

• Artistic Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Interests:art

Posted 02 October 2010 - 11:44 AM

I really want to hear that Life and Death (Acoustic) from the Holiday Awesomeness EP, which I didn't know existed until now. Hook a brother up, please?

#22 Sigafoos

Sigafoos

SIGGITYFIGGITYFIGGITYFOOS

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts
  • Interests:fnord

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:30 AM

Yeahhh, so, uh, I don't have most of these. If the demos and so on are something the band wouldn't mind being more widely available, we should make a centralized resource for them. I mean not Act III deluxe and Branches and so on, but the things that aren't for sale anymore. Or even a 'here are the tracks, and a Paypal button if you feel like it' setup. I'd give at least $5 for what I'm missing.

I hope to set an example. You know, for children and stuff.

#23 onetofollow

onetofollow

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:02 AM

View PostHush Stevens, on 01 October 2010 - 02:27 PM, said:

There is also the demo version of Black Sandy Beaches, that is titled Page Glass on Sand.

Someone posted it here a while back.

I also have the audio from the videos posted on ap.net from the Bowery Ballroom in NY of Mustard Gas and HSHHAS

There is also the leaked version of Act III if you can find that anywhere.

On the leaked Act III, certain songs just end and don't flow into their transitions. For example In Cauda just ends on a drum hit and the transition into What it Means is a separate track.

I'm a hoarder of Dear Hunter/Casey songs.

added. have to agree though, the leaked act III shouldn't be added.

thanks for you help!

#24 onetofollow

onetofollow

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:03 AM

View PostHush Stevens, on 01 October 2010 - 10:22 PM, said:

View PostGrizzly Bear Arcade, on 01 October 2010 - 08:09 PM, said:

What about Red Wine? It's not TDH but does that count?

I would say it counts, because its a dead project.

I threw it under TDH in my itunes so it's easier to find.

what is red wine?

#25 onetofollow

onetofollow

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:05 AM

View PostSigafoos, on 04 October 2010 - 08:30 AM, said:

Yeahhh, so, uh, I don't have most of these. If the demos and so on are something the band wouldn't mind being more widely available, we should make a centralized resource for them. I mean not Act III deluxe and Branches and so on, but the things that aren't for sale anymore. Or even a 'here are the tracks, and a Paypal button if you feel like it' setup. I'd give at least $5 for what I'm missing.

that's a great idea.

there was a b-side site that i found from a link on this forum that had most of the stuff i had listed available for download, but that site has since been shut down, or the link i have just doesn't work anymore.

while google is your friend.... it would be something casey and the guys could make a few bucks on. if they could just make all the unavailable songs available for download for a fee or a donation.

i'd pay for the ones i don't have and can't find as well.

#26 Roger

Roger

Bieber Believer

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 11:24 AM

View Postonetofollow, on 04 October 2010 - 09:03 AM, said:

what is red wine?

It was a project called Saints. I don't remember who all was involved but it was basically TDH + Atreyu. I remember Casey saying they recorded a couple demos but the only one we heard was Red Wine.

#27 onetofollow

onetofollow

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:24 PM

View PostRoger, on 04 October 2010 - 11:24 AM, said:

View Postonetofollow, on 04 October 2010 - 09:03 AM, said:

what is red wine?

It was a project called Saints. I don't remember who all was involved but it was basically TDH + Atreyu. I remember Casey saying they recorded a couple demos but the only one we heard was Red Wine.

oh ok, cool. thanks for the info. i don't know if that should really be added to a the dear hunter list though since it was a side project/another band. if we did that we'd end up having to add TREOS, etc.

#28 puck

puck

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:03 PM

just looking at this list, and I didn't know about those two live sets. I MUST HAVE THEM!! I googled them, but the one site that hosted them (Hungover Productions) had dead links. Anyone have those available to share?

Thanks in advance. If you get me these shows, I will buy you a kitten. Or, if you are a dog person, a large, drooling Great Dane (I have one to spare).

#29 Silver

Silver

Don't lose sleep over little old me

• Silver's Nichols and Dyms
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Creating, Laughing, Sleeping, Dreaming.

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:40 PM

I have Live at the Blank Club because I was there. I'll see if I can upload it tonight. The quality isn't very good unfortunately, but I think it was just because the setup was weird. I feel like you can't hear certain instruments.

I wish I had Live in Santa Cruz, because I was there too :(

#30 MetalPFI

MetalPFI

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:26 PM

EDIT: Apparently the free Mediafire doesn't allow bulk downloads. I'll hook you kids up with a ZIP asap. It's uploading now. If anyone just wanted a couple of the missing tracks, by all means, grab it.

EDIT 2: Here's the zip. http://www.mediafire...h8vd5urwibacc2o

I heard people wanted the goods?

http://www.mediafire.../?3zxesfe1ej37n

I don't know if I have everything but included is the acoustic performance featuring the cover of Lilac Wine, Random EPs 1-2, Holiday Awesomeness (The Christmas Song, Life & Death acoustic), the banjo song (Track 6), Brazil, Paycheck, Unison, Beautiful Girls, Purevolume Lost Sessions, and for good measure, the early version of I Couldn't Do It Alone (from the video posted ages ago). I didn't include the acoustic tracks that came with the Acts I-II vinyl and I didn't include the Ms. Leading demos because I figure those aren't too rare and most people probably already have them. I just dragged from iTunes so there's no organisation to the folder, but you can download the tracks individually or just click "Download Folder" for the whole goods.

That being said, I think I'm missing the demo of Black Sandy Beaches and wouldn't mind having that, as well as anything else I'm missing. Have a field day folks!

#31 Sigafoos

Sigafoos

• Admin
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:00 AM

For what it's worth, you can buy The Christmas Song on Casey's Bandcamp.

I wish he'd upload all this stuff there, so I could give him monies for it.

#32 puck

puck

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

Thanks for the ZIPs. I didn't have all that stuff, and it is very cool. Thanks again, and if anyone has the live sets, please through those up too!

If anyone is interested, I have two Dear Hunter vids that I cobbled together from Youtube a while back. I took the entire show from Bearsville NY, 2009 fixed up the audio the best I could, gave it some menus, and made a concert vid. It is a HD recording, so it is great looking. Did the same thing for the 2007 Covington KY show (the black and white show from youtube). Also fixed up the audio (it had no low end) and gave it menus. Its nice to watch a whole show instead of tidbits on Youtube. This one was already the whole set, but it sounds much better in this version.

Even zipped, each one is about 1.6 GB, so I'm not sure how to upload them. If anyone has a spot where I can upload a few GB for free, I'll hit you with the vids.

#33 boydecide

boydecide

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

Live at the Blank Club:
http://www.mediafire.../?qmmnvzft8wa1m

Notes:
- I also threw in the acoustic War of All Against All, along with Mustard Gas Acoustic because the other torrent in the thread didn't have them.

- The recording comes from a soundboard, and while most songs sound top-notch, the recording of In Cauda Venenum is missing a number of instrument tracks. Basically, no, you're not crazy for just hearing vocals, bass, and rhythm guitar.

- I also have The Vinyl Sessions, but I didn't post them because their a paid bonus for the vinyl set. Not sure what the forum's policy is on posting the tracks, since they are still available through purchase, but if it is okay to I'll certainly upload 'em.

#34 puck

puck

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:59 PM

View Postboydecide, on 26 July 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

Live at the Blank Club:
http://www.mediafire.../?qmmnvzft8wa1m

Notes:
- I also threw in the acoustic War of All Against All, along with Mustard Gas Acoustic because the other torrent in the thread didn't have them.

- The recording comes from a soundboard, and while most songs sound top-notch, the recording of In Cauda Venenum is missing a number of instrument tracks. Basically, no, you're not crazy for just hearing vocals, bass, and rhythm guitar.

- I also have The Vinyl Sessions, but I didn't post them because their a paid bonus for the vinyl set. Not sure what the forum's policy is on posting the tracks, since they are still available through purchase, but if it is okay to I'll certainly upload 'em.
\
Thanks!

#35 stretts

stretts

GET YOUR TWO STEP ON!

• Admin
  • 8,547 posts
  • Interests:You, dear.

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:41 PM

Since there is a little bit of love going on in here - does anyone have the demo version of what it means to be alone?

The one where it is just Casey and a piano? I lost it a while back somehow and would love to hear it again :)

Fearless leader of Stretts' Bitches and Tits

Last.FM

#36 johnnybee4e

johnnybee4e

Evil Shenanigans!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:08 PM

Stretts, I've got it, but I'm internet retarded and don't know where to post it for everyone to have. If you need it immediately, though, pm me your email and I can just give it to you that way.

#37 Sigafoos

Sigafoos

• Admin
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:22 PM

I would say the general rule should be this:

If you can get a song by paying for it, or could at one point have got it by paying for it, don't upload it. So the Dear Ms Leading demo is okay, but the bonus tracks from the Act I/II vinyl, Act III deluxe, etc are not. If you post the Branches EP I will ban you so fucking hard.

#38 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:29 PM

View Postpuck, on 26 July 2011 - 03:29 PM, said:

I took the entire show from Bearsville NY, 2009 fixed up the audio the best I could, gave it some menus, and made a concert vid. It is a HD recording, so it is great looking.

Oh, shit... is that the one from May 9th?! I was there. Do want. :) :)
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#39 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:20 AM

One other thing to add to the list I guess is the early instrumental version of "I Couldn't Do It Alone".

Anybody here have Page Glass On Sand and/or Live in Santa Cruz? I think those are the only ones I don't have...
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#40 Old Henry

Old Henry

Triple Handsome Squidward

• Stretts' Bitches & Tits
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts
  • Interests:D&D, Playing music, FLCL, Skateboarding

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:00 PM

Hey - MetalIPFI and Boydecide - thank you both, tremendously.

I have been craving some Casey acoustic tracks, and you delivered. <3

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users