#1 lavachickie

lavachickie

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:music, scuba diving, energy work, metalsmithing/jewelery making

Posted 10 September 2016 - 03:37 AM

TDH tonight at the Doug Fir Lounge in Portland was amazing. I am so tired, so hoarse, and so damn happy. Sixth time seeing them. Best yet. More in the morning.
--
lavachickie@gmail.com : http://dogsanddragonflies.blogspot.com
Date of birth as TDH Fan: April 2011. # of shows seen: 5. Number of times I've kicked myself for not having walked up to Casey and simply said, "Thank you!" when I saw him standing in the crowd at The Hawthorne Theater in PDX July 2011: 4,343,234,567.7
Posted Image

#2 lavachickie

lavachickie

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:music, scuba diving, energy work, metalsmithing/jewelery making

Posted 11 September 2016 - 01:41 PM

Sorry for the teaser post there without any real content. :) So here's the full story...

When the tour was first announced, a friend had bought tickets. I didn't pay attention to any details. If I'd known about "Story Time" I so would have ponied up. I hope they swing through again, maybe I can catch it -- in the meantime, posts from others who participated in various stops will help fill in the story for me. His music has sparked so much in me that I would welcome the opportunity to just walk up to him, smile, shake his hand and say a heartfelt, "Thank you." (And yea, I'd hug him even if he was sweaty and wouldn't complain, either. Casey, I love you, man!)

Spoiler

Nick and Rob were standing outside after the show, and I walked up to Nick grinning like an idiot and babbled something like, "Thank you you're awesome that was great amazing i am so happy i love you guys thank you for how hard you work doing what you do." He gave me a huge smile and a heartfelt thank you, and I skipped off into the night happy and energized. I got home around 1:30am, downloaded Act V, started to cherry pick songs then forced myself to just listen end to end. As with their albums, I was overwhelmed... I didn't feel a lot, because I was considering so much. A few more listens and my God, there is some amazing magic in there. But that's for other threads...
--
lavachickie@gmail.com : http://dogsanddragonflies.blogspot.com
Date of birth as TDH Fan: April 2011. # of shows seen: 5. Number of times I've kicked myself for not having walked up to Casey and simply said, "Thank you!" when I saw him standing in the crowd at The Hawthorne Theater in PDX July 2011: 4,343,234,567.7
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users