- - - - -

LatR Protip #666: How to fuck up your profile foreverand make mods and admins waste a lot of time trying to fix it.

free jazz improv lake and the river sheep eddie.gif i love you bill evans cats pizza with cheese lake and the river stories

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 George Costanza

George Costanza

future NBA #1 overall draft pick

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

POPULAR

Listening to this is higly recommended while reading this thread, possibly tasting red wine.
*Walks into the room, near the piano then, with surprise on his face, turns his look towards the camera* - "Oh, hello there! I'm Oscar and Grammy nominated singer Josh Groban.
You want to know how to make it impossible to ever look or post into a thread again as much as i do?
YOU are going to LOVE this thread.
The member known as Cookie Monster will now explain how to do so."

"Thanks for being here, Josh"
"Aaah, i love you, dude. If it wasn't for you i would have never been aple to play with the amazing italian singer Andrea Bocelli."
"Stop mentioning that, it was a long time ago and i was only doing my job. Now please play some of your sweet songs while i speak."
"You got it!"

So, yesterday i was trying to post in a thread in the "Home" topic, and i had the absolutely brilliant idea of including in my post a spoiler with an enormous amount of sheep. Yep, this one :Sheep:. So i copy pasted it A LOT of times (i don't know exactly how many, but i'd say between one hundred and two hundred, if not more!). It seemed like my browser was crashing (my laptop is old, slow and stupid and it's something that happens often), so i tried to click on Posted Image and it didn't load the page, and after a while the browser did crash.
I opened it up again, tried to access the page, and it just wouldn't load. I tried to access from other (better) computers, and the same thing would happen. After trying to load the page for a while, i just get a blank page. It looked like it was a problem of the website, rather than something related to the sheep, but i tried to do the same thing on another thread and the same thing happens. I asked help to my brother, who knows his stuff very well (and is a member on this forum!) but he couldn't do anything, and said i would need the help of a mod or an admin. (Also, we discovered i can see the thread using the IPBoard mobile theme, but when i click Posted Image the same problem happens)
The good friend daniel tried to help me, and he logged in with my profile, but he gets a server error when trying to access the thread. The also good friend stretts tried to help me but there was nothing he could do even with his Posted Image admin tools, so he put me in a chat with the great and awesome Sigafoos (also known as Siggy, Godmin and Radmin). He said the problem is the Auto Saved Content (i can't load the page because it automatically tries to load the flock of sheep, and fails) but he doesn't know where it is, so he can't delete it. He said he will look further into it, as he had more important stuff to do, but, even if he manages to delete it, i think this is a great way, and maybe the only one, to block your profile's access to threads and I highly recommend it if you don't want to see a thread ever again/do not recommend it if you like the thread.

Thank you very much daniel, stretts, Sigafoos and especially Josh Groban for helping me. You're all good friends and lovely people. :Sheep:

Hi, i'm Cookie Monster and i approve this message.

Now here's a spoiler full of sheep and Eddie .gifs!
Spoiler

And here are some youtube videos that i really enjoy at the moment, and i've had on repeat for the last days:

Edited by Cookie Monster, 31 August 2013 - 11:01 AM.

please be nice

#2 stretts

stretts

GET YOUR TWO STEP ON!

• Admin
  • 8,547 posts
  • Interests:You, dear.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:50 PM

POTD for me A+ ahaha

whod have though a flock of sheep would be so powerful

Fearless leader of Stretts' Bitches and Tits

Last.FM

#3 robholding

robholding

Heart Throb Holding

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Interests:playing guitar and piano, gaming, films, reading. The usual, really. Oh, and physics. I like physics lots.

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:49 PM

View Poststretts, on 31 August 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

POTD for me A+ ahaha

whod have though a flock of sheep would be so powerful

I did. Should have consulted me first!

#4 daniel

daniel

BASED MOD

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Music and sitch.

Posted 02 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

We'll talk about how we'll change but we will never follow through.
Posted Image

#5 robholding

robholding

Heart Throb Holding

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Interests:playing guitar and piano, gaming, films, reading. The usual, really. Oh, and physics. I like physics lots.

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

Josh Groban is actually great.

#6 Scott

Scott

Stapp

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,097 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

I spy a Richmond!

#7 Kari

Kari

Tough Lover

• Artistic Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts
  • Interests:Drawing, painting, children, animals, nature, cartoons, gardening, and BEER

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostScott, on 02 September 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

I spy a Richmond!

Richmond was my favorite until Mr. Reynholm jumped out a window and we were introduced to the fabulous Reynholm Jr.
Posted Image
Never climb the ladder. EVER.

#8 Socks the II

Socks the II

Dust Me Off and Carry Me Home

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  • Interests:a lot of stuff oh god

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostCookie Monster, on 31 August 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

The also good friend stretts tried to help me but there was nothing he could do even with his Posted Image admin tools,

I'm in shambles. :Sheep:
I play World of Warcraft, Hearthstone and Diablo III! Add my Battletag: Meowmeowmeow#1105
Judge me according to what I listen to!
last.fm username: TuneSock

Also tagged with free jazz, improv, lake and the river, sheep, eddie.gif, i love you, bill evans, cats, pizza with cheese, lake and the river stories

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users