#1 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

So there are lots of different ways you can choose to browse this lovely forum of ours, but for those of you who are like me and want to be sure you never miss a thing, the "View New Content" tab and "Preview this topic" arrow are beautiful things. For those unfamiliar with how these features work, I present a series of screenshots for your enjoyment:

Step 1: Click on "View New Content" in the upper right corner. Note: If you are browsing in the "Members" tab, the View New Content button will default to showing new members. In all other tabs, View New Content will show new forum posts.

Step 2: Using the controls on your left, you can select how "new content" is defined. As you can see, I prefer setting it to "Content I have not read", as this allows me to isolate only those posts that I haven't yet seen, but there a bunch of options depending on what you want. Next to each new thread title is a downward arrow that allows you to preview the new content without having to click through to the thread.

Step 3: When you click on the preview arrow, the thread title expands to show the first post in the thread, the first post you haven't read, and the most recent ("last") post in the thread. From here, you can click through to the start of the thread, click through to the first unread post, or mark the new posts as read, removing the thread from your "New Content" list until somebody else posts in the thread.

"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#2 robholding

robholding

Heart Throb Holding

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Interests:playing guitar and piano, gaming, films, reading. The usual, really. Oh, and physics. I like physics lots.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

I remember you revealed this in a thread aaaaaaaaaaaages ago about how people browse LATR, and ever since then it's all I do.

#3 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

I probably mentioned the "View New Content" tab a while ago, as that's how I've always browsed the forum, but to me the more interesting thing here is the "Preview this topic" button, which I'm sure I never brought up before, since I never even knew it existed until last night, when I clicked on it completely by mistake, and then was like "HOLYCRAPTHISISAWESOME". That's actually what inspired me to create this thread.
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#4 Dave.

Dave.

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

Cool feature!
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users