n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:17 AM

View Poststretts, on 30 September 2015 - 06:16 PM, said:

View PostRedHanded, on 30 September 2015 - 01:16 PM, said:

View Poststretts, on 15 May 2014 - 06:06 PM, said:

View Postmgrochoc, on 15 May 2014 - 04:50 PM, said:

I am trying to download a picture I took with my phone and it is "too large". Any way to fix this?

hey Michelle, this means that either your new avatar is too big pixel wise or too big file size wise - you'll have to shrink the picture/photo to a smaller size (the parameters should be displayed when you are updating your avatar)

Hope this helps

I've been having this issue as well.
The dimensions are: 315x315 and the size is only 70.9KB. Is that still too large of a file?

I believe the max size you can have is 150x150 so will need to shrink it a little :)

That would explain it then! Thanks!

#22 charles

charles

oh i hate that guy

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 03:47 PM

I increased the file allowances for avatar images. Someone let me know if it worked.

archon of nothing
and lord of dispersing
but i cannot keep
my cursive phalanges
from fucking cursing

#23 Lyricon

Lyricon

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Developing myself, experiencing things, contemplating existence, y'know.

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:50 AM

Actually, having played around with the avatar uploader a bit myself, I don't think it has a max image size, like, measured in pixel dimensions. That's not to say it doesn't have a max file size, but I don't think the uploader limits you in terms of how large the image itself is. If it does, it must be a really large limit. I'm wondering if one could test this by attempting to upload completely blank white images with massive dimensions and see if it accepts them.

Also, something I've noticed is that if you try to upload a larger .gif it'll just use the first frame of it and not animate at all instead of saying it's too big.

Last.fm

Do Barney The Dinosaur appears on Act V?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users