#1 Harryog77

Harryog77

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 08:09 AM

Hi,

I have visited this site a couple of times but never quite got around to creating an account and getting involved. Being an avid lover of The Dear Hunter (as i'm sure everyone here is) it now seems silly to me that i didn't join earlier. With it being summer and the release of Act IV just around the corner now seems to be the best time to become a member.

A bit about me:
My name is Harry Ogden, I am 17 years old and have been listening to The Dear Hunter for about 1.5 years. I discovered The Dear Hunter when I accidentally clicked on "The Procession" whilst looking for songs by another artist (probably the best mistake I've ever made). Since then TDH has become my favorite band and I have enjoyed following the acts story and listening to peoples own interpretations of the music.
I am from the UK so unfortunately most people I come across haven't even heard of TDH let alone admire them (Maybe I've been talking to the wrong people).
My hobbies are mainly all music based. I try to listen to as much varied music as possible and am open to anything new. I enjoy everything to do with guitars, I have been playing for 5 years and have a small collection going. I also like to make different types of music using Ableton Live.

I hope that wasn't to long (or to boring). i'd love to join in with discussions and everything else that go's on here. It would be great if someone could give me the gist on how things work here and how i can get involved.

Thanks

#2 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Screenwriting. Art. Ukulele. Enjoying life one adventure at a time.

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:09 PM

Welcome to the forums! I too play guitar, but not near as much as my ukuleles, which I love to experiment with different styles on. What kind of music do you like playing most?

Also I think the best way to get involved is to just hop aboard the train and post post post. Usually it gets crazy around here when something big happens, so with Act IV upon us, you've definitely picked the right time. Glad you've joined our ranks!
Posted Image
_The leaves and the trees remember me_

#3 popnfresh

popnfresh

We're Dropping Off Like Guns And Flies

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Interests:Nothing. Stuff.

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:16 PM

yo
Pull yourself out of the gutter
Motherfucker
When you're bleeding
And it feels just like your bleeding

#4 Harryog77

Harryog77

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:20 PM

View Posttwotimesthedime, on 02 August 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

Welcome to the forums! I too play guitar, but not near as much as my ukuleles, which I love to experiment with different styles on. What kind of music do you like playing most?

Also I think the best way to get involved is to just hop aboard the train and post post post. Usually it gets crazy around here when something big happens, so with Act IV upon us, you've definitely picked the right time. Glad you've joined our ranks!

Thanks for the welcome, I normally play a range of rock to heavy metal, and some dear hunter songs of course, city escape is really fun to play on guitar. I have a mandolin which I use to play some ukulele songs by twenty one pilots. What songs do you play?

And yeah I'm looking forward to seeing all the hype about act iv can't wait to listen to it. I'll probably start popping up in threads.

Thanks

#5 Harryog77

Harryog77

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:28 PM

View Postpopnfresh, on 02 August 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

yo

Hi there

#6 George Costanza

George Costanza

future NBA #1 overall draft pick

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:28 PM

please be nice

#7 Harryog77

Harryog77

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:32 PM

View PostGeorge Costanza, on 02 August 2015 - 04:28 PM, said:

#8 stretts

stretts

GET YOUR TWO STEP ON!

• Admin
  • 8,547 posts
  • Interests:You, dear.

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:48 PM

who holds popcorn like that??!?!?!

welcome to the forums!

Fearless leader of Stretts' Bitches and Tits

Last.FM

#9 Harryog77

Harryog77

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:01 PM

View Poststretts, on 02 August 2015 - 05:48 PM, said:

who holds popcorn like that??!?!?!

welcome to the forums!

Haha thanks!

#10 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Screenwriting. Art. Ukulele. Enjoying life one adventure at a time.

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:50 PM

View PostHarryog77, on 02 August 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

Thanks for the welcome, I normally play a range of rock to heavy metal, and some dear hunter songs of course, city escape is really fun to play on guitar. I have a mandolin which I use to play some ukulele songs by twenty one pilots. What songs do you play?

And yeah I'm looking forward to seeing all the hype about act iv can't wait to listen to it. I'll probably start popping up in threads.

Thanks

I basically like playing songs on the ukulele that were not meant for ukulele, because I'm just a rebel like that. So anything fast-paced like MCR's Na Na Na or somber like The Kiss of Life is the norm. I mostly play Twenty One Pilots (the rap parts are super fun to figure out), Foxy Shazam, and TDH songs (of course). Go Get Your Gun and Mr. Malum are such a blast to jam out to.

And I seriously can't wait for Act IV either. 'S gonna be awesome.
Posted Image
_The leaves and the trees remember me_

#11 Harryog77

Harryog77

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:18 AM

View Posttwotimesthedime, on 02 August 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

View PostHarryog77, on 02 August 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

Thanks

I basically like playing songs on the ukulele that were not meant for ukulele, because I'm just a rebel like that. So anything fast-paced like MCR's Na Na Na or somber like The Kiss of Life is the norm. I mostly play Twenty One Pilots (the rap parts are super fun to figure out), Foxy Shazam, and TDH songs (of course). Go Get Your Gun and Mr. Malum are such a blast to jam out to.

And I seriously can't wait for Act IV either. 'S gonna be awesome.

haha sounds cool. twenty one pilots are another one of my favorite bands but i only play "House of Gold" and the new "We don't believe whats on TV" (Love their new album).
anyway, nice meetin you.

Also tagged with new, uk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users