• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kaevan

Kaevan

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:29 AM

This show was absolutely fantastic. I just returned form a 4 hour and 270 Mile drive immediately after leaving the venue, so I'll return to this post with a setlist, review, video links, and other information in the next day or so.

I will say briefly:
Unfortunately, it seems Casey had befallen some sort of injury to his voice today or in the recent days. During story time he mentioned that he had done something that "Singers should never do to their voice. Very bad" and he used a microphone during story time to avoid straining. He also made reference during the set to having the audience help sing, joking, "I'm probably coughing up blood right now and don't know it, so please help me sing this song."

He had to option for low notes on some songs, and had to let the audience help carry a song or two. However, this didn't in any way detract from the overall performance, and in fact, Casey sounded great when we was singing. The energy was there, the songs were tight, and the band was on fire.

We got to hear Rob lead sing on "Saved" which was phenomenally cool. We got the welcome chance to see Rob Parr really shine. He's the man. If you ever get the chance to talk to him at shows, do so, you will leave the conversation much happier. Super down to earth and sweet guy. They all are really. While I didn't get a chance to talk to either of the Crescenzo's this evening, I got to chat with Gavin for quite a while. Gavin Castleton is one of the nicest and funniest musicians I've ever met. I briefly said hey to Max, Nick S, and Rob this time around as well. Great show. Amazing bands.

If you haven't seen Eisley, OH MAN. They're so damn good. For anyone curious about if they should see the openers, please do. Gavin's set is incredible, as he has his own band (guest starring Nick S on Bass!) and Eisley is an absolutely monstrous outfit. Also, based on what merch was left, I'd certainly recommend hitting the merch tables quickly. Every band has amazing gear out for sale, and most of the shirts are down to certain sizes. I grabbed a CD and shirt from each band as well as the TDH Hoodie and signed poster. I also had a roommate who made it to Story time and asked a question for me. He had Casey very graciously sign my Act 1 vinyl because I wasn't able to attend. Great merch is going FAST. Definitely worth getting to the gig early!

Here's to Casey's voice getting back to full 112128231% strength and to the guys having a great tour!

Thanks for an amazing show!

#2 TeleuteDPu

TeleuteDPu

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:22 PM

Awesome! Looking forward to the gig. Remember to spoiler tag that set list in case people get here & see something they don't want to. Thanks for the share!

#3 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Screenwriting. Art. Ukulele. Enjoying life one adventure at a time.

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:11 PM

Ugh such a good concert. I was there for the VIP stuff, and it seriously changed my life. Casey's such a great guy.

Spoiler

All in all a great concert. Gavin was great, Eisley kicked ass, and The Dear Hunter somehow just got even better than all the past concerts I've been to. Definitely a night I won't forget.
Posted Image
_The leaves and the trees remember me_

#4 Tara Lynn

Tara Lynn

Illuminate and I Will Follow You

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 09:30 AM

Nice write up. Thank you :)

Also tagged with st. louis, ready room, the dear hunter, show

0 user(s) are reading this topic