KingofRain86

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Music, Netflix, Videogames

Posted 08 September 2015 - 08:03 PM

View PostWeAreDormin777, on 08 September 2015 - 04:58 PM, said:

Hey Casey will you ever sell The Wayfarer Volume I separately from the bundles.

Hopefully for all the awesome people who missed out on the bundles. This shit is awesome.

Speaking of asking Casey things. My friend and I have been wanting to get Dear Hunter inspired tattoos for awhile now but haven't been able to commit to any ideas. After listening to Ouroboros I think we've finally decided to go with something including the Ouroboros symbol. We were hoping either you or one of the guys would be willing to try and sketch us your interpretation of the symbol and possibly give us permission to include it in our final decision?

Edited by KingofRain86, 08 September 2015 - 08:12 PM.

Posted Image

#2942 lochnesscheska

lochnesscheska

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Waving at NYC food vendors

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:16 PM

View Postpopnfresh, on 17 April 2015 - 09:03 PM, said:

uhhhhh what was in the breakfast wrap

I know this is way late but I've been laughing at this for a solid hour and half and I can't explain why
"All of humankind has one thing in common: the sandwich. I believe that all anyone really wants in this life is to sit in peace and eat a sandwich." - Liz Lemon

Posted Image

#2943 Toke

Toke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:43 AM

Hey Casey.

I just listened to the Voice and Verse podcast that you featured in, and when you were talking about writing the symphony, you said you used a very user-friendly program.
I'm just curious to know, which program was that, and did you use the same program for the orchestral parts on Act IV? - Which is awesome by the way and is everything I hoped it to be. And thanks for taking your time to talk to us in London and sign my copy. You're the man.
Stick with us, throw your morals out the door.

#2944 casey crescenzo

casey crescenzo

Hunter

• The Dear Hunter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:09 AM

View PostToke, on 20 September 2015 - 01:43 AM, said:

Hey Casey.

I just listened to the Voice and Verse podcast that you featured in, and when you were talking about writing the symphony, you said you used a very user-friendly program.
I'm just curious to know, which program was that, and did you use the same program for the orchestral parts on Act IV? - Which is awesome by the way and is everything I hoped it to be. And thanks for taking your time to talk to us in London and sign my copy. You're the man.

Ha! It sounds like I was giving away a secret. It's just Sibelius. For me, it was very user friendly- everything is relatively easy to find, augment, etc... I wish there were a program that made it all a bit more seamless from my thoughts to a page, but for now, Sibelius seems to be pretty great.

#2945 robholding

robholding

Heart Throb Holding

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Interests:playing guitar and piano, gaming, films, reading. The usual, really. Oh, and physics. I like physics lots.

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:31 AM

Sibelius is the one that was given out to me when I did music in school, it's very user friendly. I can't even really read music and I worked it out just fine. Would recommend!

#2946 greatjorb88

greatjorb88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:22 PM

Hi Casey. Apologies if this has been answered before. When you insert a callback to a previous song (or foreshadowing to a future song) in one of the songs you're writing, is that calculated and deliberate as far as the story goes, or is it more just a matter of one piece of music fitting organically into another? One example that comes to mind is bringing back the guitar line from Oracles in The Sermon in the Silt. Does that mean that the boy is thinking of the Oracles? Are the Oracles there at the sermon? Or is it just a fun thing to throw in the song?

#2947 lochnesscheska

lochnesscheska

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Interests:Waving at NYC food vendors

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:55 PM

Hi Casey! After listening to the aforementioned podcast I couldn't help but wonder: as much as you didn't dig the "pop" songs that you ended up writing before Act IV, do you think you'll ever repurpose any of the material used in those for a future project, or do you just want to forget they ever happened?

PS: It's really nice to hear that this record was such a cathartic thing for you and that the decision to make it turned around a rough time - congrats on how fantastic it is, seriously.
"All of humankind has one thing in common: the sandwich. I believe that all anyone really wants in this life is to sit in peace and eat a sandwich." - Liz Lemon

Posted Image

#2948 lolokaust

lolokaust

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 04:09 PM

Did you realise that by making Act IV you would render my entire record collection below par and worthless? It's all a pile of scrap plastic, I might as well melt it down and turn it into dildo's.
Propagandafuhrer!

#2949 theryan

theryan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:music, space, rocks, space-rocks, old wooden ships.

Posted 05 October 2015 - 02:51 PM

Hi Casey. What's with the nameless sheet music at the end of Wayfarer Vol 1, after the Waves score?

Having the score to Waves made listening to the song extra fun. Many cool string parts that I didn't notice before. Thanks for including it.

#2950 mcusano7

mcusano7

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 02:30 PM

Since October 21, 2015 happens to be the future destination date in Back to the Future AND it's also the last scheduled/announced show for this tour (NYC), can we expect you to come out on stage in a Delorean or dressed as Marty McFly?

#2951 Telegram Sam

Telegram Sam

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:40 PM

Hey Casey, sorry if this has been asked before but what is the meaning behind the covers of the Acts with the tree and circular shape on each cover?

#2952 tpos

tpos

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Music, music, music, art.

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:04 PM

View Postmcusano7, on 06 October 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

Since October 21, 2015 happens to be the future destination date in Back to the Future AND it's also the last scheduled/announced show for this tour (NYC), can we expect you to come out on stage in a Delorean or dressed as Marty McFly?

Is it not phenomenal that they came out to the BTTF theme song?!?!?!

#2953 tpos

tpos

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Music, music, music, art.

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:11 PM

Hey Casey, so I went to the Apple Meet the Musician thing, and I asked a question about your relationship with Coheed. I went to the show at Irving the next day and realized I could have asked so many more definitive questions. My biggest one I guess is what your thoughts were when writing "The Love" off Migrant. You played it at 10th Street live a few years back in NJ, I was away for a few years at the time and unfortunately couldn't make it. But my brother who ran the place at the time said he agreed with my thoughts, and when I saw you play it at Highline Ballroom the next year, I think i saw it. I won't share my thoughts here because I feel they are too personal, but am I just crazy or have you gone through the same struggles as me? Shit, that's personal, I would not be offended if you didn't answer.

#2954 Toke

Toke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:28 PM

Hey Casey.

Which program did you use to make the lyric video for "A Night On The Town" ?

#2955 JustinSchneider

JustinSchneider

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:38 AM

Hey Casey,

First of all, BIG FAN.

Secondly, is there any way we could chat about you producing/engineering my album? I think you would really dig the sound and concept.

p.s. saw you guys at Triple Rock in Minneapolis this October. Right in front, and i mean "absorbing TDH sweat" front. Amazing show.

Thanks man

#2956 Toke

Toke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 12:39 PM

Hey Casey.

I just came across a comment on TDH's Facebook page about what sort of style/genre is incorporated in songs like the poison woman, the pimp and the priest, the sermon in the silt, oracles on the delphi express etc.
He called it "Eerie and old timey". I've often called it musical-ish and cabaret-ish because I've had such a hard time defining the genre.

What made you wanna take that turn with those songs, and how did you come to use that style?

And happy new year!

#2957 TheBoy2113

TheBoy2113

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Coheed, The Dear Hunter, Vinyl, Guitar.

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:29 AM

Hey Casey,

I'm from Canada and I noticed you guys haven't toured up here much, is there any plans to tour here for Act IV or even the next album? I live in Saskatchewan(Western Canada) and though I would travel to see you guys it would be really cool to see you guys close to home!

Also, is there any plans to repress The Color Spectrum and Migrant on vinyl? I need them in my collection but people are charging an arm and a leg for both.

Thanks for all the inspirational and life changing music, I never thought I would find a band I love as much as Coheed and then I heard Act II and it blew my mind.

Take care and all the best.

#2958 Grizzly Bear Arcade

Grizzly Bear Arcade

Awoke Alone

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Interests:Fuckin' shit and stuff.

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:22 PM

Hey, Casey! I was curious about the status of the graphic novels. Much love, buddy!
The night keeps looking our way.

#2959 Dave.

Dave.

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 02:34 PM

Hey Casey,
Will you ever release any more Random EPs? I mean, I know you're hot stuff now and releasing something called "Random EP" would be a little unprofessional... but I really miss those remixes and covers you'd do and would love to hear new stuff, especially while we wait for whatever record you plan on releasing next!
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#2960 Grizzly Bear Arcade

Grizzly Bear Arcade

Awoke Alone

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Interests:Fuckin' shit and stuff.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:20 PM

Casey, so unbelievably excited about Act V. However, I just saw that beautiful red rose Act IV on the merch page. Any idea if that has limited quantities? I'd really like to get it, but money is tight at the moment.
The night keeps looking our way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users