• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hardrock14

Hardrock14

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:28 AM

So I've been really looking into what the full story is and peoples interpritatjons of the story and I've come up with my own and I've noticed its much more theatrical than people make it out to be. Caseys got multiple characters singing in songs switching by line. So I've got this nagging idea of making a fan bases cover redoing the music exactly the way it is and casting characters to sing the parts. Think forgive durdens razias shadow.

But I think the main point is I don't want to do everything myself or my friends I want people who really love the albums the way I do to come together and throw it together. Essentially we cast characters, and musicians for a single song at first, people record their parts and send em in and I mix em down and see what happens....am I just crazy or does this seem like it could be a cool idea?

Looking for input

#2 Hardrock14

Hardrock14

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:58 AM

I think I've decided on evicted to try it out

#3 Harryog77

Harryog77

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:14 AM

Sounds like a great idea, might be hard hard to pull off but the outcome would be amazing if done well. Unfortunately I can't sing :( . would be down to do some instrumental parts though.

#4 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Screenwriting. Art. Ukulele. Enjoying life one adventure at a time.

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:43 AM

As a musical theatre person, this seems like a really cool idea. I will tell you that someone on here had previously written a musical to Act II, but this seems different enough and would be rad to watch/listen to on YouTube or something. Unless you need a ukulele for background music, I'm game to help out vocally if need be. Are you planning on doing one Act or all of them?

Also, introduce yourself in Act I so we know who you are!

Edited by twotimesthedime, 06 August 2015 - 08:59 AM.

Posted Image
_The leaves and the trees remember me_

#5 Hardrock14

Hardrock14

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 02:52 PM

I'm still debating the song. Trying to find something with multiple characters to really see how it would turn out. I also want to do crowds so more people can join in. I think it would be something special. We'd have to have rules and standards on the recordings but really it's not like we'd need interpritatjons of the music, it's just 100% cover of the music

#6 Harryog77

Harryog77

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:28 PM

Just been looking through the acts for songs which might work. "The oracles on the Delphi express" or "smiling swine" might be good ones. Evicted aswell as you suggested. Or maybe it would be best to start right at the beginning with "battesimo del fuoco" as everyone could get involved with that. Oh and "he said he had a story" would be good. However it's quite hard to find direct speech from characters during the songs. I dunno maybe we'll have to have a vote then set tasks and see what happens.

#7 Hardrock14

Hardrock14

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:40 PM

Actually the more I read into it I really think there is a lot of direct lines. I think my personal first step is do a full write up of my vision of the story and who I think is saying what. I'll release it here but so far almost every individual character has their own song either about them or sung by them. I know I'm being a bit vague but I'm going to do a formal write up and see what ju guys think

#8 Harryog77

Harryog77

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:52 PM

Sure, that would be great, hope to see it soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users