• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Interests:Screenwriting. Art. Ukulele. Enjoying life one adventure at a time.

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:43 AM

Hey, guys. So it's stupid early in the morning, but I'll be out of town all day so I'm posting this now. For those of you who have enjoyed reading this, thank you so much. It's been unbelievably awesome getting so much positive feedback from the fan base. So, starting this week, I'll be posting a new section (which will range maybe 2-10 pages or so) every F R I D A Y over the next 10 weeks until Act IV is released. So, that's pretty dang exciting.

Here's what to expect, roughly laid out using the song titles so you can better understand what part of the story will be posted when (if you don't want it spoiled, stop reading here):

Spoiler

This Friday, prepare yourself for some drama. Because it's coming. Happy reading!
Posted Image
_The leaves and the trees remember me_

#22 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 04:45 PM

Just uploaded about 14 pages for you guys, starring the ever-lovely Portly Man and a whole lotta alcohol. Enjoy.
Posted Image

#23 TheDearHunterFan91

TheDearHunterFan91

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:05 AM

View Posttwotimesthedime, on 03 July 2015 - 04:45 PM, said:

Just uploaded about 14 pages for you guys, starring the ever-lovely Portly Man and a whole lotta alcohol. Enjoy.

This is truly amazing. I just finished reading up to the newest update, what a way to leave us hanging lol. Really well done and I can't wait to read the rest of it.
Never could we keep these things from happening.....

#24 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:46 PM

So Waves just came out today on iTunes (and my email box, finally), and it's pretty damn amazing. It's also Friday, so that means that you get another TDH treat because I've uploaded some more stuff. These newest scenes contain some of my most favorite lines and moments, and I hope that translates over as you guys read it. There's also a lot more lyrical easter eggs in this section, so let me know what you think!

*Fun fact: The latest Church scene was actually read aloud in my Screenwriting class. This kid voiced The Pimp in a Southern-Baptist-preacher-meets-New-York-mobster accent. It was hilarious. But also terrible.
Posted Image

#25 Dave.

Dave.

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 10:49 AM

Awesome additions. Very exciting to read
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#26 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:31 PM

Hello from the not-so-black sandy beaches of Santa Monica! I may be doing some serious vacationing, but was still able to upload today's script scenes. This week marks the end of Act II, so it'll be battlegrounds, half-brothers, and terrible fathers from here on out. However, there are still tons of Act II reprises that will occur, but I'll let you find those out latr. For now, enjoy!

**Just a quick reminder that any criticisms, no matter how nit-picky, are gladly accepted. Whatever you guys can offer to help improve my writing or the events of the story I'm helping to create would be awesome!
Posted Image

#27 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

King of Everything

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts
  • Interests:Music, Video Games, Reading, Friends, Talking, Etc Etc

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:34 PM

I don't like how the boy slept around with some of the prostitutes from The Dime after discovering Ms. Leading was a prostitute as well. Kind of found it out of character for him.

Other than that I like The Pimp and The Priest presence throughout the story.
Sing Softly, Sing me to The Lake...
Sing Softly, Bring me to The Lake...

#28 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:01 PM

View PostWeAreDormin777, on 17 July 2015 - 04:34 PM, said:

I don't like how the boy slept around with some of the prostitutes from The Dime after discovering Ms. Leading was a prostitute as well. Kind of found it out of character for him.

Other than that I like The Pimp and The Priest presence throughout the story.

Yeah, that does make sense now that you've said it. I wanted to show The Boy losing a good chunk of his naivety, but that might've been taking it a bit too far. Which would also make sense deleting it since discovering Ms. Leading's profession destroyed him and he's still defending his mother's honor latr on. This last half of the script was written in a rush for my final exam, so I'm expecting a lot of fixes and things for Act III.

I'm glad you like The Pimp/Priest, though! He's probably one of my favorite characters.
Posted Image

#29 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:32 PM

So I'm posting a little latr than usual, but on the plus side today's scenes include The Tank, Poison Woman, Thief, AND Mustard Gas. So, lots of stuff I'm throwing at you. On a side note, this is where I personally feel the script lags a little, so lots of feedback is needed. Also if there are any WWI enthusiasts out there, feel free to comment because my first draft of this had a Hitler reference. Talk about a blonde moment. Anyway, enjoy reading!
Posted Image

#30 TheLakeSouth

TheLakeSouth

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Music, burritos, playing bass, asking questions, living life and such cause hey, why not.

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:49 PM

First off, homie, this is awesome. I really enjoyed reading this. Acts I and II are really good. I know you're still working on Act III, but for what you have written so far, it looks great. I really enjoy the interaction between The Poison Woman and The Boy, and Pierre is quite the character as well. The conversations The Boy has with those two characters is very reminiscent of The Little Prince (if you've ever read that). I do feel like The Tank happened a little too soon and quick in the story for it to really make an impact on The Boy though, being that it represents destruction and all that jazz. I was wondering where you plan on putting What It Means to Be Alone as well, because, c'mon, what a powerful song.

On the real though, this is really tight. Keep at it. I'm super impressed.
So, so they say.

#31 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:27 PM

View PostTheLakeSouth, on 31 July 2015 - 05:49 PM, said:

First off, homie, this is awesome. I really enjoyed reading this. Acts I and II are really good. I know you're still working on Act III, but for what you have written so far, it looks great. I really enjoy the interaction between The Poison Woman and The Boy, and Pierre is quite the character as well. The conversations The Boy has with those two characters is very reminiscent of The Little Prince (if you've ever read that). I do feel like The Tank happened a little too soon and quick in the story for it to really make an impact on The Boy though, being that it represents destruction and all that jazz. I was wondering where you plan on putting What It Means to Be Alone as well, because, c'mon, what a powerful song.

On the real though, this is really tight. Keep at it. I'm super impressed.

Thanks man, I'm really glad you're liking it so far! And I totally agree with you on the whole Tank thing. I've never written war stuff before, so even getting this far was a real challenge. Honestly that scene was written just to get it done and out of the way. Ha. However, I'm definitely going to go back and write more for and before that part, maybe take another couple of listens to the lyrics of In Cauda Venenum and What It Means To Be Alone and see if I can get some more material. If you or anyone else has any ideas for some scenes or something, hit me with 'em!

On a side note- I've never read The Little Prince, but after looking up a brief plot summary, I gotta say it's eerily similar...
Posted Image

#32 Captain

Captain

Maybe we're just never meant to know why

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff poorly but having fun doing it

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:26 PM

I'm probably just dumb, but I always liked to think that The Tank was not an actual tank, but a person who was really good at being a soldier and had kinda stopped caring about the people he fought with. The Boy meeting him would be more of a "Geez, this is what I could become while I'm out here" type of thing. But again, that's just me.

Back on topic, I echo the sentiment that The Boy's reaction to his discovering of Ms. Leading seemed a bit extreme to me - he seems like the type of character to get lost moreso than angry (but again you're the one bringing the characters to the screen, so it's ultimately your interpretation). Additionally, I feel like what I've read so far of Act III seemed to all happen very quickly. Perhaps the insertion of a little bit of What it Means will remedy that, Idunno.

Keep up the good work! :D
I will not be a parasite.

#33 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:01 PM

View PostCaptain, on 31 July 2015 - 08:26 PM, said:

I'm probably just dumb, but I always liked to think that The Tank was not an actual tank, but a person who was really good at being a soldier and had kinda stopped caring about the people he fought with. The Boy meeting him would be more of a "Geez, this is what I could become while I'm out here" type of thing. But again, that's just me.

Back on topic, I echo the sentiment that The Boy's reaction to his discovering of Ms. Leading seemed a bit extreme to me - he seems like the type of character to get lost moreso than angry (but again you're the one bringing the characters to the screen, so it's ultimately your interpretation). Additionally, I feel like what I've read so far of Act III seemed to all happen very quickly. Perhaps the insertion of a little bit of What it Means will remedy that, Idunno.

Keep up the good work! :D

Thanks for the feedback! I reeeeally dig the idea of The Tank being a person, and I've kind of wondered about that myself. Since that scene is so short, I'll see if I can play around with that idea for sure, as well as add a better transition into Act III. Of course, the script is starting to get past the two-hour point so I may end up adding more to Act II (as well as play around with The Boy's anger issues haha) and end it there, making III and IV into a separate script. Which is super tempting. But we shall see.

Also today's scenes are posted for anyone who is following this thread! The Son is finally introduced (it's about time, right?), and The Father will be making his first official appearance next week.
Posted Image

#34 TheLakeSouth

TheLakeSouth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Music, burritos, playing bass, asking questions, living life and such cause hey, why not.

Posted 01 August 2015 - 01:51 PM

Of course, the script is starting to get past the two-hour point so I may end up adding more to Act II (as well as play around with The Boy's anger issues haha) and end it there, making III and IV into a separate script. Which is super tempting. But we shall see.

Hell yeah! I think splitting it up that way would be pretty cool. I always put Acts I and II together anyway because I feel like Act I is a prologue to Act II. I guess you could always wait until Act IV is out to make that decision though.

I'm digging the way you're portraying The Son so far. Likeable guy. I'm excited to see how Go Get Your Gun turns out. Are you going to have The Son sing it? Also, is the song from the end of Saved going to be in there (The private does what the general says, etc.)?
So, so they say.

#35 robholding

robholding

Heart Throb Holding

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Interests:playing guitar and piano, gaming, films, reading. The usual, really. Oh, and physics. I like physics lots.

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:27 PM

Yeah, I've found that too. I've considered Act I and II to be companion pieces, whereas Act III is a clearly separate part of the story. Being a separate script would suit it well I think.

#36 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:10 PM

View PostTheLakeSouth, on 01 August 2015 - 01:51 PM, said:

Of course, the script is starting to get past the two-hour point so I may end up adding more to Act II (as well as play around with The Boy's anger issues haha) and end it there, making III and IV into a separate script. Which is super tempting. But we shall see.

I'm digging the way you're portraying The Son so far. Likeable guy. I'm excited to see how Go Get Your Gun turns out. Are you going to have The Son sing it? Also, is the song from the end of Saved going to be in there (The private does what the general says, etc.)?

Dude. You are probably my favorite person right now. My Go Get Your Gun scene is so laughably terrible that I've been dreading the posting day for it since day one. It's pretty much The Son giving a speech to hype the soldiers up after being told they've been moved to the front lines, but I've always hated it. It sounds so cheesy to me. I think him singing it as some sort of Army chant/song would be so freaking awesome (ooh and maybe include some soldiers chanting part of it back), especially since the Act II part is so song-heavy. Of course, Act III does and will reference Ms. Terri's lullaby a couple more times, so there's also that. And no, the ending of Saved wasn't put in there, but now that you say that, I have the perfect place for it and will add it now, since that scene has already been uploaded. It's when The Boy blacks out during Mustard Gas, and I think that would be the best spot for it?

Also, I'm glad you like The Son! I feel like his voice will definitely shine come my next post, when you see him interact with and around The Father before/after He Said He Had A Story...which is definitely one of my favorite couple of scenes by far.
Posted Image

#37 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:22 PM

View PostTheLakeSouth, on 01 August 2015 - 01:51 PM, said:

Hell yeah! I think splitting it up that way would be pretty cool. I always put Acts I and II together anyway because I feel like Act I is a prologue to Act II. I guess you could always wait until Act IV is out to make that decision though.

View Postrobholding, on 01 August 2015 - 06:27 PM, said:

Yeah, I've found that too. I've considered Act I and II to be companion pieces, whereas Act III is a clearly separate part of the story. Being a separate script would suit it well I think.

I totally agree with you guys. I probably will wait until Act IV comes out before I do that, but it would make the most sense. It'd be even too, with two Acts split into three movies (long way off, but I can dream). The only thing I'm concerned about is with the way my current script ends. It has such a cliffhanger-esque final scene with

Spoiler

so it ties the whole movie together so nicely. Also Act I is covered in only ten minutes of this script and Act III is on the short side as well, so hopefully there will be lots of material in Act IV that I can make the III/IV combo happen. All in good time, though!
Posted Image

#38 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:56 PM

Starting this post off with a shoutout to Wait, because that Red/Black EP love child was so freaking solid. Another awesome thing is that this week's scenes have been posted, and let me just say that I was super generous this week. I wasn't planning on releasing He Said He Had A Story until next week, but I've written some new scenes (thank you for all those awesome suggestions), and I couldn't keep this part any longer from you guys. It's kind of my favorite, so yeah.

With that said, get ready to see more of The Son, and the complete and utter asshole that is The Father. Enjoy, and as always, helpful comments and critiques are welcome!
Posted Image

#39 twotimesthedime

twotimesthedime

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 02:32 PM

Just uploaded the This Beautiful Life scene! Not the longest scene in the world, but I did take some creative liberty with the song's interpretation, and played around with some reprises of my own. That said, I hope you like what I've done with it. Also, I'll probably be writing/posting either a brand new Oracles scene for VVV or some new pre-Tank material early next week, so be on the lookout for it!
Posted Image

#40 Jericho

Jericho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Interests:Radio, Sports, Piano, Saxophone, Concerts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 03:10 PM

This scene is definitely my favorite so far. I loved the whole mental break down kind of thing with all the people in his life. As a side note, I think you do a great job portraying the "bad" characters like the Pimp and the Father. I love how much I hate them!

Keep it up!

Also tagged with act i, act ii, act iii, movie, dear hunter, adaptation, script

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users