• This topic is locked This topic is locked
493 replies to this topic

#21 robholding

robholding

Heart Throb Holding

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Interests:playing guitar and piano, gaming, films, reading. The usual, really. Oh, and physics. I like physics lots.

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:45 PM

Fun fact: I haven't been a TDH fan ever during an Act release. Got into them after Act III came out. I didn't think this'd be a big difference until I just read a comment (it's on the previous page now, can't be arsed going back to quote/see who it was) speculating about Ms. Leading then I was like "holy shit there can be plot speculation about this album I'm not used to this narrative anticipation stuff somebody help me breathe".

#22 FrankTheHermit

FrankTheHermit

Lost in my head, hand to my heart

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:44 PM

View Postrobholding, on 03 March 2015 - 09:45 PM, said:

Fun fact: I haven't been a TDH fan ever during an Act release. Got into them after Act III came out. I didn't think this'd be a big difference until I just read a comment (it's on the previous page now, can't be arsed going back to quote/see who it was) speculating about Ms. Leading then I was like "holy shit there can be plot speculation about this album I'm not used to this narrative anticipation stuff somebody help me breathe".

Haha, the Ms. Leading comment was mine, I think. Also, I'm in the same boat as you! I started listening to TDH between TCS and Migrant. So this is super exciting for me as well. I can't wait to dissect the lyrics and talk about the story when the album comes out.

#23 Fats

Fats

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:55 PM

So pumped. 2015 is shaping up to be one of the all-time greatest years of music already. I hope "Wait" is on this record.

#24 uvtbass

uvtbass

Plagued By Practical And A Mercenary Lust

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Interests:Music, music, and music.

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:00 PM

I think we can expect Casey to surprise us a few more times! He's always finding fresh ways to make music. That said, I'm hoping for his awesome combination of orchestration with strings and horns and then that hammer blow of screaming guitars and electronic madness!

#25 Captain

Captain

Maybe we're just never meant to know why

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff poorly but having fun doing it

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:28 PM

I expect there to be a lute solo. If there is not a lute solo I will quit the band forever. PRESSURE'S ON CASEY
I will not be a parasite.

#26 dbr

dbr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:31 PM

What are the chances of us hearing the material that failed to make Act II? Remember, Casey didn't want their first full length to released as a double album.

As for Act IV, I'm really excited. Been a fan since pre-Act I, and long time lurker so with these new releases it gives me a reason to become more active here.

Love the site.

#27 Mickey

Mickey

Son, Don't Be Afraid To Call On Those Who Love You Most.

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Interests:The Dear Hunter, video games and vinyl.

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:31 PM

View PostZeppelinDT, on 03 March 2015 - 08:29 PM, said:

View Poststretts, on 03 March 2015 - 06:22 PM, said:

Perhaps it is best to assume we know nothing about anything

That's basically how I approach my entire life.

Same

#28 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

King of Everything

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts
  • Interests:Music, Video Games, Reading, Friends, Talking, Etc Etc

Posted 04 March 2015 - 06:49 PM

My story prediction on the direction the story is going would be about the boy trying to keep the identity of his half-brother. However I feel like someone from his past (Ms. Leading? The Pimp and The Priest? Casey?) will reveal who he is to the new people he formed his life with having no choice but to move on to somewhere else.

But thats just a theory.
Sing Softly, Sing me to The Lake...
Sing Softly, Bring me to The Lake...

#29 SoundscapeMN

SoundscapeMN

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:26 PM

I wonder if the music he wrote recently just ended up fitting with his vision for Act IV.

Either that, or whoever mentioned the non-Act record he mentioned recently could come soon after this.

Also this kills the idea of Casey wanting to release Acts IV-VI all at once to complete the story (and for the fans).

#30 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:40 PM

View PostSoundscapeMN, on 04 March 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

Either that, or whoever mentioned the non-Act record he mentioned recently could come soon after this.

I was assuming the non-Act record he mentioned was referring to the live album... or was there another one where he talked about new material?
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#31 dbr

dbr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:48 PM

View PostSoundscapeMN, on 04 March 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

I wonder if the music he wrote recently just ended up fitting with his vision for Act IV.

Also this kills the idea of Casey wanting to release Acts IV-VI all at once to complete the story (and for the fans).

I'm OK with them not releasing all at once. The last thing we want to hear is the band rush during the writing process for the sake of completing the concept.

#32 Shawn

Shawn

The Priest

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Interests:I Love Lamp

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:56 PM

View PostZeppelinDT, on 03 March 2015 - 08:30 PM, said:

What if the announcement was a typo and they're actually just releasing an album called "Active"?

What if it was a typo and they're releasing a workout video called "active"?
Tbh i'd probably buy like 15 copies

but I'm super excited about whatever is released, I've enjoyed everything that has been released so far so I'm just gonna continue to do so

#33 Cal

Cal

i can't control my niggaz, and my niggaz can't control m

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Interests:crying and listening to bthats

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:42 PM

wait the kc got a divorce?

#34 Jank

Jank

The One Who Janks

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:44 PM

View PostCal, on 04 March 2015 - 09:42 PM, said:

wait the kc got a divorce?

fuck, i forgot cal was still alive... dammit.
Posted Image

#35 sizeablescars

sizeablescars

You can't be caught red handed if you have no hands

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:The Dear Hunter

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:10 AM

So is "wait" gonna be on this album. My guess is he wrote wait when he was still planning on doing a non-act album and then he shelved that songs and a few others until after act4

#36 DerekAdams32

DerekAdams32

Oh, What A Terrible, Terrible Game He Plays!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,350 posts
  • Interests:Politics, Scary Movies, Strategy Games

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:27 AM

Man the forum users really come out of the woodwork when a new album is announced!

There is no doubt in my mind that the new Acts album will live up to the hype. I have been a fan since Act II, and was thoroughly impressed with Act III after I thought there was no way he could live up to Act II.
Posted Image

#37 stretts

stretts

GET YOUR TWO STEP ON!

• Admin
  • 8,547 posts
  • Interests:You, dear.

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:16 PM

The 'Act effect' - the effect of TDH announcing a new act record, resulting in substantial necro of old user accounts but also the benefit of new people signing up!

Fearless leader of Stretts' Bitches and Tits

Last.FM

#38 Dave.

Dave.

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:38 PM

Casey is never one to rush things. He has always taken his time on a project and only worked on it when it felt right for him. If it were any other way, Casey would have released Act IV a long time ago instead of doing TCS and Migrant. So with that said, I am not worried at all about how the album will sound. Casey has been pressured by fans for a long time now to do a new Act record and he never let that pressure get to him. The fact that he felt comfortable enough to finally do it and progress with the story can only mean that it's going to be amazing. I'm not worried in the slightest.

And I'm super pumped about the story speculation. Got to live through it once here with Act III and I'm very excited to do it again on an even more mature sounding album.

Even just the title, Reprise and Rebirth, just feels so fitting. Like it was meant to exist all along
You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

#39 sizeablescars

sizeablescars

You can't be caught red handed if you have no hands

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:The Dear Hunter

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:54 PM

View PostDave., on 06 March 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

Casey is never one to rush things. He has always taken his time on a project and only worked on it when it felt right for him. If it were any other way, Casey would have released Act IV a long time ago instead of doing TCS and Migrant. So with that said, I am not worried at all about how the album will sound. Casey has been pressured by fans for a long time now to do a new Act record and he never let that pressure get to him. The fact that he felt comfortable enough to finally do it and progress with the story can only mean that it's going to be amazing. I'm not worried in the slightest.

And I'm super pumped about the story speculation. Got to live through it once here with Act III and I'm very excited to do it again on an even more mature sounding album.

Even just the title, Reprise and Rebirth, just feels so fitting. Like it was meant to exist all along

View PostDave., on 06 March 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

I feel like the fans might have rushed him into doing act IV. He seemed pretty intent on doing another nonconcept album and I believe he even wrote a lot of songs for it but dropped it once enough fans expressed they want act IV. Either way he seems excited about act IV so I'm sure it'll be amazing.

#40 Dave.

Dave.

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 759 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:59 PM

Maybe. I had also heard through the inter-webs that he was interested in doing another non-concept album but he could very well have said that to throw people off. Casey is big on showmanship. I'm sure he had this planned all along.

Someone should Ask The Casey!!

Edited by Dave., 06 March 2015 - 06:01 PM.

You can't be caught red handed if you're not red handed

Also tagged with act, iv, reprise, in, rebirth, new, 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users