Jump to content


The Color Spectrum DVD


  • Please log in to reply
240 replies to this topic

#221 Jorss

Jorss

    Hurr Durr

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:在你的脑海里
  • Interests:Music

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:49 AM

I didn't find a way to get this without having to ship from the US so I ended up paying 20$ for the DVD and 16$ for shipping. Well whatever, hopefully I won't have to pay another sum of money for import fees :P but with my luck I probably will.

I ordered it 2 days ago so it'll probably be at least another full week before it arrives...

When it does I'll post a picture of me holding it so you are allowed to send those files to me too if you want :D thnx ^_^

Posted Image


#222 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

    The Tank

  • Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Long Island
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

Yeah, international shipping out of the US is for some reason ridiculously expensive.
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#223 Snakenole

Snakenole

    Introducing of Ms. Terri

  • Regulars
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Gender:m

Posted 19 September 2016 - 02:00 PM

Finally got around to watching this. Didn't have time to finish the whole thing but got up to Crow and Crackle. It's amazing so far. Unbelievable that Casey can sing that many songs in a row, some pretty demanding, and still sound as good as he does. The live versions of the songs are even better than their studio counterparts.

Question about the audience: I'm sure there's a reason, but why is everyone just sitting in their chairs like they're in church or something? It seems so odd when the camera pans to the audience.

After reading about the proposal interruption I was expecting it to be a lot worse than it was. I thought it was going to be really awkward. And it was awkward to a degree but overall it wasn't too bad. And he turned it around with how he introduced the next song--made it funny. Kind of a nice interlude too, since he didn't have time to talk to the audience much.

But man, lots of talent on that stage...

#224 TeleuteDPu

TeleuteDPu

    Believe What You're Led To Believe

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Central FL

Posted 19 September 2016 - 02:57 PM

Since it was a seated show, I think we all just decided to respect those behind us & just take it all in by sitting. It proved to be a different experience but it definitely stood out as even more special. We DID end up beach balling, so we weren't fully lazy!

#225 Snakenole

Snakenole

    Introducing of Ms. Terri

  • Regulars
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Gender:m

Posted 19 September 2016 - 03:15 PM

Haha. Ok, I knew there was a good reason. At least there was plenty of yelling and clapping, etc in between songs. At first, it kind of reminded me of a New Order concert vid I saw where they were in Tokyo and the audience was really calm and polite. After each song they would just clap really lightly. Finally, Bernard Sumner said, "I've already broken 4 picks, do you mind showing a bit of enthusiasm?" LOL

#226 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

    The Tank

  • Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Long Island
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 19 September 2016 - 03:19 PM

I can't speak for anybody else, but I remained seated because I drank too much before the show to be able to stand. Also, because sitting is awesome.
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#227 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

    The Tank

  • Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Long Island
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 19 September 2016 - 03:20 PM

View PostTeleuteDPu, on 19 September 2016 - 02:57 PM, said:

We DID end up beach balling, so we weren't fully lazy!

One of my biggest regrets about that show is not buying more beach balls! The recording did not do them justice.
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#228 Kari

Kari

    Tough Lover

  • Artistic Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts
  • Gender:f
  • Location:Portland, OR
  • Interests:Drawing, painting, children, animals, nature, cartoons, gardening, and BEER

Posted 20 September 2016 - 02:44 PM

View PostZeppelinDT, on 19 September 2016 - 03:19 PM, said:

I can't speak for anybody else, but I remained seated because I drank too much before the show to be able to stand. Also, because sitting is awesome.

Yes, the shots. And the beers.
Also I had taken a red eye to be there and had sept about two hours.

Also we were in the second row and I didn't want to be the asshole to stand up and ruin it for those behind me.
Posted Image
Never climb the ladder. EVER.

#229 Kari

Kari

    Tough Lover

  • Artistic Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts
  • Gender:f
  • Location:Portland, OR
  • Interests:Drawing, painting, children, animals, nature, cartoons, gardening, and BEER

Posted 20 September 2016 - 02:45 PM

View PostZeppelinDT, on 19 September 2016 - 03:20 PM, said:

View PostTeleuteDPu, on 19 September 2016 - 02:57 PM, said:

We DID end up beach balling, so we weren't fully lazy!

One of my biggest regrets about that show is not buying more beach balls! The recording did not do them justice.

I still have my yellow beach ball! Whaaaaaaaat.
Posted Image
Never climb the ladder. EVER.

#230 robholding

robholding

    Heart Throb Holding

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Bangor, Wales, UK
  • Interests:playing guitar and piano, gaming, films, reading. The usual, really. Oh, and physics. I like physics lots.

Posted 20 September 2016 - 03:31 PM

View PostKari, on 20 September 2016 - 02:45 PM, said:

View PostZeppelinDT, on 19 September 2016 - 03:20 PM, said:

View PostTeleuteDPu, on 19 September 2016 - 02:57 PM, said:

We DID end up beach balling, so we weren't fully lazy!

One of my biggest regrets about that show is not buying more beach balls! The recording did not do them justice.

I still have my yellow beach ball! Whaaaaaaaat.

I was gonna ask if it was still inflated but then I remembered that beach balls have valves and can be inflated and deflated at will. I'm thinking of balloons.

#231 Antone

Antone

    An Expensive Whore At The Dime

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Milwaukee, WI
  • Interests:TDH and all things related, Wisconsin sports, good drinks, and good people.

Posted 20 September 2016 - 05:15 PM

I found it nearly impossible to remain seated for that show! I wanted to stand up and dance around really badly, but it just wasn't in the cards. It was an amazing show with a lot of amazing people at it though, one of the best experiences of my entire life!
Posted Image

#232 Snakenole

Snakenole

    Introducing of Ms. Terri

  • Regulars
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Gender:m

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:22 PM

Man, as much as I think Casey is an amazing singer, I gotta say that Cameron Thorne has a great voice too. They sound really good together. Andy Hull too. You guys that got to go are really friggin' lucky. There are so many kickass songs in the Color Spectrum and they sound great live. Cool that Casey's and Nick's wives were there with Casey's in-laws. And man, how good is Home on this DVD? I showed that song to a friend and she was blown away.

#233 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

    The Tank

  • Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Long Island
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:38 PM

View PostAntone, on 20 September 2016 - 05:15 PM, said:

I found it nearly impossible to remain seated for that show! I wanted to stand up and dance around really badly, but it just wasn't in the cards. It was an amazing show with a lot of amazing people at it though, one of the best experiences of my entire life!

I'm glad you were considerate of the person sitting behind you :)
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#234 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

    King of Everything

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Interests:Music, Video Games, Reading, Friends, Talking, Etc Etc

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:25 PM

Here's to hoping he does another live thing involving all the Acts (accompanied by an orchestra)
Sing Softly, Sing me to The Lake...
Sing Softly, Bring me to The Lake...

#235 Snakenole

Snakenole

    Introducing of Ms. Terri

  • Regulars
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Gender:m

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:54 PM

View PostWeAreDormin777, on 20 September 2016 - 09:25 PM, said:

Here's to hoping he does another live thing involving all the Acts (accompanied by an orchestra)

Like the Coheed Neverender shows. That would be awesome.

#236 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

    The Tank

  • Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Long Island
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:00 PM

View PostSnakenole, on 21 September 2016 - 01:54 PM, said:

View PostWeAreDormin777, on 20 September 2016 - 09:25 PM, said:

Here's to hoping he does another live thing involving all the Acts (accompanied by an orchestra)

Like the Coheed Neverender shows. That would be awesome.

Those were spectacular. I was lucky enough to be at all four nights in NYC :)
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#237 robholding

robholding

    Heart Throb Holding

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Bangor, Wales, UK
  • Interests:playing guitar and piano, gaming, films, reading. The usual, really. Oh, and physics. I like physics lots.

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:44 PM

I swear to god if that ever happens I am fully 100% booking a flight.

#238 Kari

Kari

    Tough Lover

  • Artistic Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts
  • Gender:f
  • Location:Portland, OR
  • Interests:Drawing, painting, children, animals, nature, cartoons, gardening, and BEER

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:47 PM

View PostSnakenole, on 20 September 2016 - 07:22 PM, said:

Cool that Casey's and Nick's wives were there with Casey's in-laws.

That was the night Sollecito met his future wife! She was playing cello in the string quartet.
Posted Image
Never climb the ladder. EVER.

#239 FrankTheHermit

FrankTheHermit

    Lost in my head, hand to my heart

  • Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Gender:m
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:52 PM

View PostKari, on 23 September 2016 - 02:47 PM, said:

That was the night Sollecito met his future wife! She was playing cello in the string quartet.

Whaaaaat?! I knew they were a couple, but I didn't know they met at that moment. That's pretty amazing!

#240 Kari

Kari

    Tough Lover

  • Artistic Directors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts
  • Gender:f
  • Location:Portland, OR
  • Interests:Drawing, painting, children, animals, nature, cartoons, gardening, and BEER

Posted 23 September 2016 - 03:15 PM

View PostFrankTheHermit, on 23 September 2016 - 02:52 PM, said:

View PostKari, on 23 September 2016 - 02:47 PM, said:

That was the night Sollecito met his future wife! She was playing cello in the string quartet.

Whaaaaat?! I knew they were a couple, but I didn't know they met at that moment. That's pretty amazing!

It was so fucking cute.
Posted Image
Never climb the ladder. EVER.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users