• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Antone

Antone

An Expensive Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:TDH and all things related, Wisconsin sports, good drinks, and good people.

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

I can't believe that no one has made a topic about these guys?! I would like to start off by saying two things: I'm really late to the party on this one, I've had them for a while but just recently started "listening" and I'm giving full credit to my cousin Andy (TheCritic) for this thread because he's always told me I should listen to them more. Now, I think I love them. My favorite song so far is Fire Eye'd Boy. Anyone else listening?

]
Posted Image

#2 SoundscapeMN

SoundscapeMN

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:52 AM

definitely a fan, mainly of You Forgot It In People, and some of the stuff on the S/T.

#3 TheCritic

TheCritic

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Interests:Live shows, Good Beer, and Good Food. Headphones are underrated.

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

Eat it beeeeeooootch!!!!! One of my top bands of all time for sure. Keep listening because it gets better with every spin. Wait til I make u see them live.
NONSENSE POOPYPANTS!!

#4 Antone

Antone

An Expensive Whore At The Dime

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • Interests:TDH and all things related, Wisconsin sports, good drinks, and good people.

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

This is awesome. I love Leslie Feist, what a great voice.

]
Posted Image

#5 Bunny

Bunny

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Helping people help themselves.

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

Broken Social Scene is one of the best supergroups of our time!

They are amazing.... their sub groups are equally as amazing.... I'm a big fan of Stars as well, but ESPECIALLY Metric. Maybe because I'm a girl, I'm attracted to those female fronted groups. Their album Fantasies is superb. I don't have a favorite song on there because the whole album is just that damn good.... but Gimme Sympathy has special meaning to me as a die hard Stones fan who sometimes dates Beatles fanatics (opposites attract?)

Most underrated, yet still popular Metric song is the track from the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack. Lots of great Canadian artists on there! I cannot manage to get only the song to insert a media button, so until I figure that out, I'll stick with the youtube montage...

Antone > Sorry to hijack the posting. I consider Metric to be directly related. When I figure out which BSS song is my favorite, I'll put that one up.
~Bunny

Posted Image

#6 johnnybee4e

johnnybee4e

Evil Shenanigans!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:57 AM

YOU ARE NOW OFFICIALLY ONE OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE.

Scott Pilgrim is probably my favorite movie evar. My friends and I are endless SPVTW quoting machines.

#7 fyrefly

fyrefly

The Pimp

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:01 PM

I love Scott Pilgrim! Both versions of "Black Sheep" are pretty sweet. That movie has a great soundtrack (Blood Red Shoes is another good band).

As for Broken Social Scene, they do a great (albeit slow and depressing) cover of "Love Will Tear Us Apart" in the movie The Time Traveler's Wife. There's another good song by them called "TBTF" (Too Beautiful to F***), I think it was on the soundtrack of another movie (Easy A?). I need to listen to more of their stuff.
"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a mad man in possession of a blue box must be in want of a companion"

#8 Bunny

Bunny

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Helping people help themselves.

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:01 PM

johnnybee4e, on 21 May 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

YOU ARE NOW OFFICIALLY ONE OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE.

Scott Pilgrim is probably my favorite movie evar. My friends and I are endless SPVTW quoting machines.

I didn't think I would love SPVTW as much as I did (comic book based movies tend to irritate me more as I get older and more set in my ways). I did love it so much, though, that when I went to live in England I took my Xbox with me because I was so involved with playing the game. Have you had the pleasure? If not, it's worth buying a 360 just for that. I only have two issues with it - no online co-op and I would rather it be on the Gameboy. I feel there is a whole world of games that SHOULD be on the Gameboy but aren't, and thus Nintendo is missing out on a ton of money. Too much investment in the Wii and other nonsense when they have one platform that has survived for over two decades.

Sorry... again... about hijacking the thread and going somewhere completely different... So yeah... Broken Social Scene FTW!
~Bunny

Posted Image

#9 johnnybee4e

johnnybee4e

Evil Shenanigans!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

I have played the game, and it is indeed awesome. I just have the demo on my Xbox, but I have friends that have the whole thing on theirs so I play it with them.

(last Scott Pilgrim post in this thread, I swear.)

#10 daniel

daniel

BASED MOD

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,623 posts
  • Interests:Music and sitch.

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

Checked them out and I only like Feel Good Lost, so laid back and relaxing. Couldn't get into their other stuff, I wish they would've stayed with the style they had on FGL.

We'll talk about how we'll change but we will never follow through.
Posted Image

#11 George Costanza

George Costanza

future NBA #1 overall draft pick

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:33 PM

Feel Good Lost is the perfect sleep time music. I like it a lot. I haven't listened to the other releases though. I guess i'll try to listen to them anyway, sooner or latr.
please be nice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users