The Complete Story Song By Song:Act II: Song By Song of how the Story is.

• Please log in to reply
596 replies to this topic

#561 eternalfalter

eternalfalter

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:20 PM

Has it been confirmed that the child referenced in Light is The Boy's and The Lover's? Or could the child be Ms. Leadings?

#562 Captain

Captain

Maybe we're just never meant to know why

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff poorly but having fun doing it

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:25 PM

It has been confirmed one way or the other it seems, but I'll refrain from saying which here. While the Story Time's are still going on, perhaps there should be a separate thread for people to talk in so people who haven't yet had their show won't get spoiled if they don't want to?
I will not be a parasite.

#563 eternalfalter

eternalfalter

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 12:42 PM

View PostCaptain, on 16 September 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

It has been confirmed one way or the other it seems, but I'll refrain from saying which here. While the Story Time's are still going on, perhaps there should be a separate thread for people to talk in so people who haven't yet had their show won't get spoiled if they don't want to?

Spoiled? Do you mean this will officially be told in the final installment?

#564 Kaevan

Kaevan

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 02:36 PM

He likely means that the Story Time with Casey has answered this question, but it's probable Casey asked the audiences not to spoil things for those of us who didn't get VIP slots or that are waiting to see a Story Time show. I'm sure the details will surface soon enough. Casey asked that no one post videos until after the tour, but that he was more than happy to have people film the entire conversation and share it with everyone else.

#565 TeleuteDPu

TeleuteDPu

Believe What You're Led To Believe

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 690 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 02:46 PM

View PostCaptain, on 16 September 2016 - 12:25 PM, said:

View PostKaevan, on 16 September 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

He likely means that the Story Time with Casey has answered this question, but it's probable Casey asked the audiences not to spoil things for those of us who didn't get VIP slots or that are waiting to see a Story Time show. I'm sure the details will surface soon enough. Casey asked that no one post videos until after the tour, but that he was more than happy to have people film the entire conversation and share it with everyone else.

Got it covered!

#566 eternalfalter

eternalfalter

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:31 PM

View PostKaevan, on 16 September 2016 - 02:36 PM, said:

Ahh, I got it now. And now I'm sad. Because I didn't know Story Time was a thing and now they're all sold out.

I ended up finding the answer anyhow. Didn't like it, though.

#567 Kaevan

Kaevan

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 08:00 AM

Interesting you found out what you were looking for. I'm tempted to know myself, but I haven't done too much digging on the particulars in terms of legitimate answers from Story Time or new info.

I can't wait for the graphic novels!

#568 Kaevan

Kaevan

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 08:15 AM

This is all speculation. I wish I could have snagged a storytime ticket, but am left just seeing the St. Louis show and toiling over the album until more details come out officially.

Can anyone identify if this in particular is the theme to Ms. Leading? Or if this little riff represents Hunter & Leading together?

https://www.reddit.c..._is_everywhere/

ACT II
  • Smiling Swine
  • Red Hands
  • Black Sandy Beaches
  • Vital Vessle Vindicates
ACT III
  • In Cauda Venenum
  • This Beautiful Life
  • Father (2X)
ACT IV
  • Is There Anybody Here?
ACT V
  • Melpomene
The more I try and find a place for Ms. Leading the more and more I tend to think she's somewhere in there that I, or maybe we all have missed. She's everywhere in this story, and if this is her theme, it would appear she is present during Act IV where we thought she was last year.

Does anyone else think that perhaps Ms. Leading set the Fire, or at least helped to do so and is now set to escape with Hunter/The Son? Did she perhaps die in the fire, no matter who set the blaze, as foretold in Act II's "Blood of the Rose" (She'll die in a baptism of fire)

Anyone think that Casey's spoken desire to redeem Ms. Leading might have come to fruition in this album?

If so, where does she reenter the scene in Act IV? What does she do in Act V? Could she perhaps have become pregnant with a child during Act II and then during Melpomene/Light we see Hunter reunite with Ms. Leading and then take on the role of being a father? Does Hunter finally see a chance at a redemptive family life and then enlist his Lover Ms. Leading to help burn down the dime and kill the PP?

Who dies at the end? Leading? Hunter? PP? All three?

SO CURIOUS

#569 whatwasyourname

whatwasyourname

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 117 posts
  • Interests:meteorology, YuGiOh, drumming, forgetfulness

Posted 18 September 2016 - 11:46 PM

All three...She dies in the baptism of fire, he dies with the moon or the noose has found him, and the Pimp and Priest is killed by Hunter in an epic showdown to end all showdowns probably a really scrappy and not really epic fistfight or something.

#570 Captain

Captain

Maybe we're just never meant to know why

• Regulars
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Doing stuff poorly but having fun doing it

Posted 19 September 2016 - 10:31 AM

Certainly interesting questions. Perhaps we'll know definitively once the tour's over and people start to talk about what's been revealed
I will not be a parasite.

#571 whatwasyourname

whatwasyourname

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:25 PM

Yeah...then we can finally figure out what the fuck is happening in Act V. Then once we figure out the destination we can go back and figure out how we got there.

#572 Kaevan

Kaevan

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:19 AM

Just drove 270 miles and four hours from St. Louis back to Kansas City after a fantastic performance.

Got the scoop from my roommate who attended the St. Louis Story Time. I don't think anyone will be dissatisfied. That's all I'll say until after the tour! If you haven't checked out Eisley or Gavin Castelton, please do so, I was absolutely blown away by both opening sets. I've seen the Dear Hunter five times (n00b, I know) and I have to say this tour presents the best pairing of openers I've seen yet!

#573 whatwasyourname

whatwasyourname

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:55 PM

So worth it. As much as I want November to hurry up and get here, half the fun of Acts is figuring things out.

#574 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,068 posts
  • Interests:Getting rid of bombs

Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:18 PM

View PostKaevan, on 21 September 2016 - 04:19 AM, said:

Got the scoop from my roommate who attended the St. Louis Story Time. I don't think anyone will be dissatisfied.

For realz. I've picked up on a few snippets here and there of some of what's happened at these Story Time discussions, and it's been pretty epic. Can't wait 'til this stuff makes it way into the broader conversations.
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#575 whatwasyourname

whatwasyourname

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 11:41 PM

Hey guys. Before story time spills, I've wanted to do a nice write-up of what I believe is the story thus far using only the lyrics, reprises, and any info I could scoop up floating around the internet. While I only cite what song is relevant, I could explain the choices I make if anyone's interested. Also I wrote a lot of this while fairly groggy so there's bound to be hella grammar mistakes and weird disjointed parts... and one more thing... I skipped a few songs because they don't advance the story per se and/or it's extremely unclear as to what's happening and I'm too afraid to make the jump to guess (e.g. "Cascade" and "The Line")

Also spoiler'd for your visual pleasure (i.e. my essay taking up your whole screen is not okay)

Spoiler

#576 Snakenole

Snakenole

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 02:13 PM

Great recap.

One thing I haven't read much on is who exactly the Oracles are. How do they know so much about Hunter? Are they human? I sort of envision them like apparitions in a way. Not just like three dudes in suits.

Also, doesn't it seem odd that Hunter goes from hearing an officer talk about a prostitute that is described similarly to his mother to somehow "knowing" that man is his father? His mother was a prostitute so any number of men slept with her and could be his father. Why would he jump to the conclusion that this man is actually his father? Does the man maybe give more details? Maybe he mentions that he got her pregnant and last he heard she went off and gave birth to their son. So maybe it's more than just him describing a prostitute that makes Hunter believe it's his father.

#577 whatwasyourname

whatwasyourname

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:24 PM

Thanks.

I envision them as ghostly dudes in suits. And oracles are inherently all knowing, hence the title.

It's supposed to be implied in Son and Father. I think there's only so much you can reasonably fit into lyrics and make them still cohesive.

#578 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 04:29 PM

I think Casey basically described the Oracles as looking like "Old Hobos". There's a picture of them in the original Act II mini comic which I'm sure I can dig up somewhere....
"Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead, and this is my retarded sister I take care of. I'd like some welfare please."

#579 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 04:34 PM

Posted Image

#580 ZeppelinDT

ZeppelinDT

The Tank

• Mod
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 04:34 PM

Posted Image

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users