The Complete Story Song By Song:Act II: Song By Song of how the Story is.

• Please log in to reply
431 replies to this topic

#1 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

King of Everything

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Music, Video Games, Reading, Friends, Talking, Etc Etc

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:26 PM

POPULAR

The Complete Dear Hunter: Song By Song

Story by Casey Crescenzo (You guys probably already knew that.)

Okay I've been listening to The Dear Hunter for quite awhile, and I've made up what I believe the story's direction is thus far.

My sources: Paying attention to the lyrics and music's mood. Asking The Great Casey himself and reading the Act II booklet that came with the Act III Special Edition.

That being said...Let Us Begin!

I know I have a lot of time on my hands, and leave Comments to tell me what you think. I will respond back.

Act 0: A few notes about the story metaphors and what not.

Note: The Dear Hunter: According to Casey, When The Boy was very little he used to catch little animals and show them to his mum Ms. Terri and she would always refer to The Boy. "My little Dear Hunter."

Note: The Tree: According to Casey, The Tree is a Metaphor for The Boy also his "father figure." When The Boy was Young he would always try to pass the Tree (Border to The Lake and The River.) But never did. The Boy was in fear of The Tree but also fascinated by it.)

Note: Casey doesn't like to reveal alot about the story, so what little information I've managed to slip out of Casey is there.

Act I: The Lake South, The River North

1.) Battesimo Del Fuoco: This song since I refer to it as a "Rock Opera." Is pratically is the Intro or Prologue to the Story. It explains the Birth of a man all the way to his unfortunate and untimely death.

2.) The Lake South: Purely Instrumental. I like to think of it as The small village known as: "The Lake and The River." And if you want The Dear Hunter to be an Opera. It could be after the Battesimo Del Fuoco finishes. The Curtains open up.

3.) City Escape: What really starts off the story, It is about a girl by the name of Ms. Terri trying to escape a place only referred to as "The City." She is getting chased by unknown people. (latr found out in the songs.) Almost being beaten to near death she escapes The City, takes a train called The Delphi Express to a place known as "The Lake and The River."

4.) The Inquiry Of Ms. Terri: In this song, it is discovered Ms. Terri was pregnant. While on the train she questions herself if what she is doing is "the right thing." Giving up her "Career" for a child. (Note: There is no reference to a father.) Also found out latr in the lyrics Ms. Terri was a prostitute. (Note: Hidden in the song, foreshadows Act II: Listen carefully it says "I'll teach you how to treat that Leading Lady that you'll meet. "Ms. Leading.") Also in this song Ms. Terii gives Birth to The Boy. The Boy does not have a name.

5.) 1878: Ms. Terri raising The Boy, it is life in the cabin they live in by the lake. (Note:1878 is the year The Church was established in The City.)

6.) The Pimp And The Priest: Back in The City; Introduces the antagonist in the first two Acts. He is a priest that runs a church during the day. But at night, The Priest runs a brothel (Whore House.) known as "The Dime." And the priest changes from a Priest to a Pimp. (Hence The Name the Pimp and The Priest.) (Note: He is one person as its commonly mistaken as two people.) In this song, it explains how The Church and The Dime work. Ms. Terri tried escaping this life but The Pimp does not allow anyone to quit The Dime. Thus sending his workers to capture her and bring her back to The Dime.

7.) His Hands Matched His Tongue: Back in The Lake and The River, Ms. Terri is raising The Boy. In his young teenage years, telling him to live a good life. Ms. Terri never really told The Boy the reality of the cruel world they live in which is the reason for the boy's naivety.

8.) The River North: Again Instrumental and you can clearly see that it is kind of old. And takes place somewhere. It can be an Intermission (A break.) to The Dear Hunter Opera or if storywise, years Passing by for Ms. Terri and The Boy.

Done With Act I! Hopefully you liked it!

Act II: The Meaning Of, And Everything Regarding Ms. Leading

1.) The Death And The Berth: Back to the story. In this part Ms. Terri has passed away.

2.) The Procession: The Boy buries Ms. Terri under the Tree. The Boy wipes his tears, picks up what little he has in the cabin he lived with his mother and leaves his home he grew up in. For the very first time, The Boy passes the tree he was once afraid of when he little.

3.) The Lake And The River: (Personal Favorite) In this part of the story, The Boy decides that he wants to learn more of his mother's life. He wanders through the forest that is beyond the Tree. He looks at The Tree one last time and gets the courage to pass it. Eventually he reaches a deserted train stop in which he boards the train that appears. (Note: The people singing in the last part is probably the people who work in the Delphi Express. Or possibly The Oracles.)

4.) The Oracles On The Delphi Express: During the train ride, The Boy encounters a group of Oracles. He has a talk with them and The Oracles fortell his life and what will happen to him. They warn him that his unfortunate luck begins with The City. And they warn him to go back to The Lake and The River for The City is a bad place and all. The Boy ignores there warning and then arrives in The City. (Note: They hint Act III with the lyrics "When the Bombs go off, you'll know right where you are.")

5.) The Church And The Dime: The Delphi Express enters the city and further explains more of The Concept of The Dime. (Probably through Ms. Leading's eyes.) It;s clear that everything is not what it seems. The song is also the concept of The City. At the end of the song it foretells what will become of The Dime. (Note: Maybe The Oracles foretell the destruction of The Dime.)

6.) The Bitter Suite I And II: Meeting Ms. Leading And Through The Dime: The Bitter Suite I: Meeting Ms. Leading:The Boy steps out of The Delphi Express and encounters a very beautiful girl by the name of Ms. Leading. (Note: It reminds him of his mother in some way.) The Boy and Ms. Leading converse in the first time in their lives and then decides show him her room. Ms. Leading takes The Boy to The Dime.
The Bitter Suite II: Through The Dime: Here, The Boy sees The Dime for the first time.

7.) The Bitter Suite III: Embrace: Ms. Leading and The Boy make love. (That was a given.)

8.) Smiling Swine: The Boy wakes up alone and decides to look for Ms. Leading. The Boy then encounters The Pimp. (Now The Priest.) They have a conversation. The Priest tells The Boy in order for him to keep seeing Ms. Leading, he must have money. Luckily for The Boy, The Priest hires The Boy as a driver to drive Ms. Leading and possibly other prostitues around to customers. ("I suggest you pack your bags and learn to drive.) The Priest then leaves The Dime to go to The Church and begin the Mass. The Boy then leaves The Dime only to find out he is in love with Ms. Leading.

9.) Evicted: Here Ms. Leading discovers she is in Love with The Boy. At the end of every week when The Boy will accumilate enough money to sleep with Ms. Leading, she will ask The Boy to keep it. Ms. Leading also describes her life as a prostitute and she believes that her love with The Boy will eventually pass.

10.) Blood Of The Rose: In this song, It foretells what will happen between Ms. Leading and The Boy. One day Ms. Leading leaves her scarf in the car The Boy drives. The Boy tries to return the scarf to her only to find Ms. Leading sleeping with another man.

11.) Red Hands: The Boy sees Ms. Leading with another man. (Note: The man is known asThe Portly Man.) The Boy gets his heart broken and sobs right then and there. Ms. Leading eventually breaks down as well only to watch The Porrtly Man kick The Boy out of the room. The Boy leaves the scene.

12.) Where The Road Parts: The Boy drinks himself to death as he laments about the one he loved. He realizes that Ms. Terri was a prostitute as well. He then begins to write the faithful letter to Ms. Leading.

13.) Dear Ms. Leading: The Boy and Ms. Leading exhange letters to one another about the situation. Ms. Leading shows that she really cares for The Boy. Angry, The Boy writes his last letter and uses the knife to attach the letter to Ms. Leading's door.

14.) Black Sandy Beaches: The beach on the edge of The City polluted by the smoke of the nearby factory and littered with broken bottles, The letters written between The Boy and Ms. Leading end up on the beach. The Narrator of the story just so happens to find these letters and reads them trying to piece together what happened to our broken lovers. Whether it be The Boy's journal, Ms. Leading's Diary or the actual letters from Dear Ms. Leading. Its the story of Act II thru another character's eyes.

15.) Vital Vessles Vindicate: The Boy seeing that there is no reason for him to stay in The City, he purchases a ticket from a steam boat leaving the city. Ms. Leading watches The Boy from afar on the Black Sandy Beaches. The Boy retaining the memories and the lessons learned from the city, he sings his mother's lullaby to himself. "Sing Softly, Sing me to the Lake, Sing Softly, Bring me to the Lake." Unknowing to himself, his troubles just started. (Note: The steam ship is most likely referred to in The Oracles on The Delphi Express "Big Steam Ships exits illustrate the flaw.")

End of Act II!

Act III: Life And Death

1.) Writing On The Wall: Act II ends with the Boy boarding a boat headed somewhere, which is where Act III picks up. The Oracles introduce this Act by describing the events that will follow The Boy. The Oracles plead for The Boy to take their advice only for them to realize they cannot change what will happen.

2.) In Cauda Venenum: Fast Foward, the Boy is fighting in The Great War. The Boy tries to overcome his fear of fighting this brutal war but fails. During the song, there is flash backs of when The Boy joins the army.

3.) What It Means To Be Alone: During the war, The Boy sees many bodies of his fellow soldiers as he's passing by battlefields that have taken place there. The Boy understands the concept of War as he stares horrifide by the dozens of dead bodies across the land. He feels alone and for the first time he prays to God but it seems he doesn't answer his prayers.

4.) The Tank: The Boy encounters an enemy tank, which his squadron tries hopelessly, to halt. The Boy seeing there really isn't any hope he fleds leaving his group to die. (Note: The Tank is one of the four incarnations of war in the story; Represents Destruction.)

5.) The Poison Woman: The Boy flees into a ruin city and encounters "The Poison Woman". She takes no side in both armies only leading soldiers to their deaths. The Poison Woman takes pity on The Boy knowing he wouldn't harm her as many of the other soldiers did. The Poison Woman gives The Boy a bottle of Poison before she leaves The Boy. (latr to be used near the end of my Act III interpretation.) (Note: The Poison Woman is one of the four incarnations of war in the story; Represents: Decieving.)

6.) The Thief: The Boy trying to head back to camp, he encounters a thief who is robbing dead soldiers valuables. They have a conversation about how stealing from the dead is wrong. However, the Thief then counters his argument saying war is wrong. The Thief points The Boy toward the direction of his camp and leaves him. (Note: The Thief is one of the four incarnations of war in the story; Represents: Greed)

7.) Mustard Gas: In order to get to the camp, The Boy must cross a battlefield. While crossing the field, the enemy army sends out mustard gas which unfortunatly hits The Boy but not enough for him to die. The Boy looks on to the hill where a group of enemy soldiers look onwards to the battle. The Boy then collapses in a hole. (Note: Mustard gas is one of the four incarnations of war; Represents: Pain.)

8.) Saved: The Boy after acknowledging all the pain he's been through decides to give up and wants to die. However, before The Boy is about to get his wish, he is saved by an ally. Coincidentally, his half brother. The Boy and The Half-Brother (a.k.a. The Son) become friends unaware of their family ties. The Boy then believes that maybe its not his time just yet.

9.) He Said He Had A Story: The Boy, The Son and a group of soldiers are telling stories of their past. One specific soldier tells a story of his expierence at The Dime and how he had sex with a prostitute by the name of Ms. Terri. The name catches the boy's attention.

10.) This Beautiful Life: The War continues on as The Boy reflects upon the memories he's made in The Great War and his encounters with The Tank, The Poison Woman, The Thief, Mustard Gas, when he was saved by The Son, finding his father, and strangely the prophecy Oracle's foretold him. The then regrets going to war and wishes he could just go back to his house by the Lake and forget that all of this never happened.

11.) Go Get Your Gun: The soldiers are at a bar relaxing after the battles they've had. One soldier (Possibly The Son) is singing a song about the war they fought and they should be lucky that they cheated death. He also sings about the soldiers that died telling his fellow soldiers they knew what they signed up for.

12.) Son: Another battle occurs. The Boy and The Son fight along side one another. During the battle, The Father almost gets killed. The Son however gets in front of him and sacrifices his life to save his father. The Father didn't really care his son died despite him saving his life and shows no sadness whatsoever. The Son sharing his final moments with The Boy comes to realization that The Boy is his Half-Brother. With his last breath, The Son tells The Boy to take care of his mother muttering that The Boy looks like him.

13.) Father: During the night in the camp, The Boy enraged by his father leaving his own son to die without him, The Boy then uses the poison that The Poison Woman gave him and posions his father during his sleep. The Boy shows no remorse on what he did.

14.) Life And Death: In the morning, The soldiers learn about the death of the father. The Boy is never caught by the crime. The Great War finally comes to an end. The Boy with the final words of The Son in his head, he assumes the identity of his half-brother and goes back to the home where The Son's mum awaits.

End of Act III!

Notes:

Act III: Originally, Act III was supposed to be called; Act III: There will be blood.

Act III:The GreatWar for Act III: Is World War I

Act III: In Cauda Venenum means in Latin: "The poison is in the tail", which means: "The worst is yet to come. / To save the worst for last."

Act II: In The Lake and The River there are secret lyrics starting at 3:20. The lyrics are "And a Caveat of excuses."

The Dear Hunter: According to Casey, The Boy could be French or Latin (Possibly)

Act IV: Is most likely to be an EP.

Act V and VI: Is most likely to be Full Length.

Act II: Originally Act II was supposed to have more songs on the album, however the songs have been scrapped because they would have needed a second CD.

Act III: According to the music video "What It Means To Be Alone", The Thief's name is Pierre.

The Dear Hunter: There will be Acts I-VI (1-6)

The Dear Hunter: According to Casey: The Oracles aren't ghosts they are Constants as in they have always been and never was.

I hope I cleared many things up on The Storyline. If you are reading this I'm glad I took your precious time to read the story!

I will type Act IV when it comes out.

The Name Is Brian and thankyou!

Edited by WeAreDormin777, 22 April 2013 - 05:46 PM.

Sing Softly, Sing me to The Lake...
Sing Softly, Bring me to The Lake...

#2 doobeedobedoo

doobeedobedoo

The bAdmin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,440 posts
  • Interests:Bangin' broads

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:30 PM

:applause:

now introduce yourself in act 1 so we know who you are :ph34r:

Posted Image

#3 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

King of Everything

• Regulars
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:42 PM

View Postdoobeedobedoo, on Jun 23 2008, 03:30 PM, said:

:applause:

now introduce yourself in act 1 so we know who you are :ph34r:

Yeah sorry. Well I did.

#4 KIMTR@N

KIMTR@N

OMG! Wat hav I dun?

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:42 AM

Posted Image

4u

#5 doobeedobedoo

doobeedobedoo

The bAdmin

• Admin
  • 3,440 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:47 AM

mmmm casey cookie

Posted Image

#6 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

King of Everything

• Regulars
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:15 AM

Thankyou Thankyou. ( :

#7 Keagan

Keagan

BREATHE IN! BREATHE OUT!!!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • Interests:Music and Women. Lots of women.

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:40 AM

Damn son, you are good. Props.

Posted Image

#8 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

King of Everything

• Regulars
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:43 AM

View PostKeagan, on Jun 24 2008, 04:40 AM, said:

Damn son, you are good. Props.

Thanks Man I'm glad you along with others may agree that is how the story is. ( :

#9 Infidel

Infidel

Fell In Another Hole FORTHEKNIFEFORTHEKNIFE!!!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:47 AM

I've already read it before so I'm not going to read it again.

But I already know it is great.

Excellent job Brian.

#10 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

King of Everything

• Regulars
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:56 AM

View PostInfidel, on Jun 24 2008, 04:47 AM, said:

Excellent job Brian.

Thanks Michael of course you read it. I Aimed it to you once lol.

#11 doobeedobedoo

doobeedobedoo

The bAdmin

• Admin
  • 3,440 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:58 AM

View PostWeAreDormin777, on Jun 23 2008, 12:56 PM, said:

View PostInfidel, on Jun 24 2008, 04:47 AM, said:

Excellent job Brian.

Thanks Michael of course you read it. I Aimed it to you once lol.

gay love

Posted Image

#12 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

King of Everything

• Regulars
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:04 PM

Not Gay. (>_>)

#13 Keagan

Keagan

BREATHE IN! BREATHE OUT!!!

• Regulars
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts
  • Interests:Music and Women. Lots of women.

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:08 PM

nothin wrong with a lil male on male. Don't be ashamed.

Posted Image

#14 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

King of Everything

• Regulars
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:13 PM

Just saying... anyway enough of that focus on The Storyline.

#15 BigKid

BigKid

A Common Whore At The Dime

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:17 PM

the storyline makes sense, and is better than the other crap i read. people are gonna come here and bash it, but whatever. i like it a lot

#16 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

King of Everything

• Regulars
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:20 PM

Yeah I know many people are just gonna copy paste it and steal what I typed because they are biters. (>_>) But whatever atleast I took the chance to type it and thankyou for the support. Nobodies really had a simple storyline well...except Casey. But I took the time to make one that everyone could agree on.

#17 dalbert

dalbert

Introducing of Ms. Terri

• Regulars
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Music (writing, playing, listening), politics, being lame, TDH.

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:34 PM

That is probably the best description of what the story is/could-be about that I've read, nice job.

#18 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

King of Everything

• Regulars
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:55 PM

View PostSm1l1ngSw1ne, on Jun 24 2008, 07:34 AM, said:

That is probably the best description of what the story is/could-be about that I've read, nice job.

Thankyou I appreciate it. ( :

#19 bethwallace

bethwallace

n00b or lurker?

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:32 PM

excellent job!

you really deserve that casey cookie!

#20 WeAreDormin777

WeAreDormin777

King of Everything

• Regulars
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:38 PM

Thankyou Thankyou. I shall except that cookie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users